Issue 167 in serf: Calling AcquireCredentialsHandle using unicode strings

se...@googlecode.com

Jun 15, 2015, 6:49:26 AM6/15/15
to serf...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 167 by benjamin...@gmail.com: Calling AcquireCredentialsHandle
using unicode strings
https://code.google.com/p/serf/issues/detail?id=167

According to [1], function AcquireCredentialsHandle should be called using
unicode strings:

' #Remarks
'
' [...]
'
' - The two string parameters must be Unicode strings.

So instead of using a regular char*, shouldn't
`serf__spnego_create_sec_context() ` use a wchar_t pointer like this:

```
const wchar_t* sspi_package = L"Negotiate"; /* or L"NTLM" */
```

[1]
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa374712(v=vs.85).aspx

issue notifications to this address.

se...@googlecode.com

Jun 15, 2015, 7:18:04 AM6/15/15
to serf...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 167 by i...@visualsvn.com: Calling
AcquireCredentialsHandle using unicode strings
https://code.google.com/p/serf/issues/detail?id=167

Serf uses ansi version of AcquireCredentialsHandle -
AcquireCredentialsHandleA() since revision r2005.

se...@googlecode.com

Jun 15, 2015, 7:56:38 AM6/15/15
to serf...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 167 by benjamin...@gmail.com: Calling
AcquireCredentialsHandle using unicode strings
https://code.google.com/p/serf/issues/detail?id=167

Oh sry, somehow missed that trailing A. Thanks for your quick response!

se...@googlecode.com

Jun 15, 2015, 9:51:47 AM6/15/15
to serf...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 167 by benjamin...@gmail.com: Calling
AcquireCredentialsHandle using unicode strings
https://code.google.com/p/serf/issues/detail?id=167

Now I see... I was using the latest tagged serf version (1.3.8), which
isn't yet calling the ansi version of that method.

r2005 was committed 3 days after the 1.3.x branch has been created and it
seems it never has been merged. Is this intended for compatibility
considerations? Or do you think it was just forgotten and could be merged?

se...@googlecode.com

Jun 15, 2015, 10:33:26 AM6/15/15
to serf...@googlegroups.com

Comment #4 on issue 167 by chem...@gmail.com: Calling
AcquireCredentialsHandle using unicode strings
https://code.google.com/p/serf/issues/detail?id=167

I think it just forgotten. I don't see reasons why this change cannot be
merged to 1.3.x branch.

se...@googlecode.com

Aug 19, 2015, 2:52:14 AM8/19/15
to serf...@googlegroups.com
Updates:

Comment #5 on issue 167 by lieven....@gmail.com: Calling
AcquireCredentialsHandle using unicode strings
https://code.google.com/p/serf/issues/detail?id=167

Closing as fixed, to be included in the 1.4.0 release.