Issue 173 in serf: serf_get crashes with segmentation fault on two requests and concurrent connections with SPNEGO auth

se...@googlecode.com

Aug 15, 2015, 4:57:05 PM8/15/15
to serf...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 173 by 1983-01...@gmx.net: serf_get crashes with segmentation
fault on two requests and concurrent connections with SPNEGO auth
https://code.google.com/p/serf/issues/detail?id=173

Using FreeBSD 9.3-STABLE, Serf trunk@2500, MIT Kerberos 1.13.2.

Calling "/serf_get -d -c 2 -n 2 http://..." gives me "Segmentation fault:
11 (Speicherabzug geschrieben)"

Serf has been compiled with debug options, full logs, GDB stracktrace and
core file can be send privately.

issue notifications to this address.

se...@googlecode.com

Aug 19, 2015, 2:54:37 AM8/19/15
to serf...@googlegroups.com
Updates:

Comment #1 on issue 173 by lieven....@gmail.com: serf_get crashes with
segmentation fault on two requests and concurrent connections with SPNEGO
auth
https://code.google.com/p/serf/issues/detail?id=173

Hi, I'd be interested in seeing the logs & stack trace.
Maybe I'll also need a network trace, but let's start with the info you
already have.

You can send them privately to l...@apache.org.

thanks,
Lieven

se...@googlecode.com

Aug 19, 2015, 4:01:16 AM8/19/15
to serf...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 173 by 1983-01...@gmx.net: serf_get crashes with
segmentation fault on two requests and concurrent connections with SPNEGO
auth
https://code.google.com/p/serf/issues/detail?id=173

Hi Lieven, are you happy with the serf log output and the core file or do
you want to see a Wireshark capture and Apache log file too?

se...@googlecode.com

Aug 19, 2015, 6:43:11 AM8/19/15
to serf...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 173 by lieven....@gmail.com: serf_get crashes with
segmentation fault on two requests and concurrent connections with SPNEGO
auth
https://code.google.com/p/serf/issues/detail?id=173

Serf log and printed stack trace are fine. A coredump file is not much use
to me because I don't have a FreeBSD system. Thx.

se...@googlecode.com

Aug 19, 2015, 9:35:07 AM8/19/15
to serf...@googlegroups.com

Comment #4 on issue 173 by 1983-01...@gmx.net: serf_get crashes with
segmentation fault on two requests and concurrent connections with SPNEGO
auth
https://code.google.com/p/serf/issues/detail?id=173

Appropriate files have been sent.

se...@googlecode.com

Aug 20, 2015, 4:02:49 PM8/20/15
to serf...@googlegroups.com

Comment #5 on issue 173 by lieven....@gmail.com: serf_get crashes with
segmentation fault on two requests and concurrent connections with SPNEGO
auth
https://code.google.com/p/serf/issues/detail?id=173

The problem:

The authentication handler initializes the spnego authentication scheme
only for the first connection to a specific server [1], but then uses the
authn info object per connection [2]. That will fail for the 2nd, 3rd ...
connection because there that object wasn't initialised.
[1] auth.c/handle_auth_headers() : authn_info =
serf__get_authn_info_for_server(conn);
[2] auth_spnego.c/serf__handle_spnego_auth() : gss_authn_info_t *gss_info =
(code == 401) ? conn->authn_info.baton

se...@googlecode.com

Aug 21, 2015, 6:18:54 AM8/21/15
to serf...@googlegroups.com

Comment #6 on issue 173 by 1983-01...@gmx.net: serf_get crashes with
segmentation fault on two requests and concurrent connections with SPNEGO
auth
https://code.google.com/p/serf/issues/detail?id=173

Lieven, that is obviously a bug isn't it?

This does not cause trouble unless Subversion will start using concurrent
connections, does it?