[Sequential: Canadian Comics News & Culture] The C-List:: Hurry Up and Cl...

Bryan

Mar 26, 2010, 12:01:01 AM3/26/10
to Sequenti...@googlegroups.com

Weekend links about comics from across the nation!

Item:
The Scott Pilgrim trailer is now online.

Item: A preview of the comics event in Halifax on Saturday, with Kyle Baker, Kate Beaton, Rebecca Kraatz, and Faith Erin Hicks.

Item: A "weird" sneak peak behind the scenes at this weekend's Wizard World Toronto Comic-con, which I mentioned Wednesday.

Item: French cover to a Marc Bell book.

Item: Big plans afoot for Oshawa's World's Collide comic book store on Free Comic Book Day (May 1).

Item: Animated Ojingogo.

Item: The Comics Journal interviews Ho Che Anderson.

Item: The excellent Rick Trembles presents a strip about The Runaways --the band, not the lame comic. I love Joan Jett and I love that song Cherry Bomb. I bought a copy of their first LP at a record show last week and listened to it over and over.

Item: The Toronto Jewish Film Festival will feature the doc "People of the Comic Book," about Jews in comics. They will also have an event with Paul Buhle, Harvey Pekar, and honorary Canadian Ben Katchor.

Item: A follow-up to last week's announcement about the National Newspaper Awards. Nominee Aislin says he hadn't entered a cartoon in 15 years and atlks about "collective images" that influence us all.

Item:
A couple Toronto and Montreal retailers are interviewed by The Canadian Press about movies driving comics sales.

Item: Vancouver's Elfsar Comics shop is featured in this article about downloading comics and comics readers.

Item: Victoria comic book company releases punk photo book.

--
Posted By Bryan to Sequential: Canadian Comics News & Culture at 3/26/2010 12:01:00 AM