Could i use only display BLAST on SequenceServer?

Pavita Kaewprommal

Jun 1, 2021, 12:14:44 AM6/1/21
to sequenceserver
I have exist output BLAST from previous analysis, Could I use this as input to display on SequenceServer?

Regards,
Pavita

Anurag Priyam

Jun 1, 2021, 4:51:07 AM6/1/21
to sequenceserver
Hello,

If the BLAST output you have are in XML format, you can visualise them using version 2.0 of SequenceServer (https://groups.google.com/g/sequenceserver/c/c98ePBzcuVE/m/lN-S35jVHgAJ). The feature is a bit limited at the moment, but can be useful.

You will need a working sequenceserver installation, i.e., with BLAST+ downloaded and database directory configured (all the things sequenceserver asks/automates for you during setup). The server should be running, for example, at http://localhost:4567 (the default).

To visualise BLAST's XML output, run:

sequenceserver --import /path/to/xml/file

This will give you a job id, like:

0210b076-cddd-4d88-bc6c-057d7d5e07df

Copy the job id and access the results in browser at:

You will need to repeat the sequenceserver --import command for the different XML files

Priyam

Pavita

Jun 1, 2021, 6:17:22 AM6/1/21
to sequenc...@googlegroups.com
Dear, Priyam
I got it nicely! thank you so much.

Ragards,
Pavita

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "sequenceserver" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sequenceserver/8C287F9A-5B1C-4669-BD7D-0787334C6051%40gmail.com.