Import Method "UPDATE" is not available / Import button greyed out

billy noah

Jul 2, 2016, 11:12:05 PM7/2/16
to Sequel Pro
I can't for the life of me figure out how to unlock the mystical "Update" feature when importing a CSV.  The import button is always greyed out when I select "UPDATE".  Any tips on how to get this working?

Edouard Kestemont

Jul 7, 2016, 5:16:59 PM7/7/16
to seque...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps you should click on a field in the field lists to define the « champ de correspondance «  (in the French version of Sequel Pro)

Le 28 juin 2016 à 00:23, billy noah <bill...@gmail.com> a écrit :

I can't for the life of me figure out how to unlock the mystical "Update" feature when importing a CSV.  The import button is always greyed out when I select "UPDATE".  Any tips on how to get this working?

Jason Hart

Jul 25, 2016, 9:47:21 PM7/25/16
to Sequel Pro
Thanks eddyk!

For the English version, the option to select is "Match Field".

To explain it in more detail, you need to tell the database which field in your import file matches the primary key in the table you are updating.

After you selected the file to import, you will see a list of fields from the import file along with a list of fields from the table you are importing data to.

Make sure the primary key from your import file corresponds to the primary key of the database table.

Then click on the field in your uploaded data that corresponds to the primary key. A menu will pop up listing sample values followed by a few options - Ignore Field, Ignore all Fields, Import all Fields, and Match Field.

Select "Match Field" from the menu that pops up. Once the two fields are matched up, the Import button will no longer be greyed out.

Kyle Willett

Jan 30, 2017, 7:15:06 PM1/30/17
to Sequel Pro
If you're doing this into a new table, you need to enter a table name into the "Name" field in the top right. The "Import" button will not ungrey until that happens.

Agree that this was very frustrating to discover.