Pop-up editing sheet appears even when I turn the toggle off

Andrew Chiw

Mar 4, 2014, 8:58:48 PM3/4/14
to seque...@googlegroups.com
Hello all, I'm running Sequel Pro 1.0.2. I remember when I first installed it that I could edit rows inline, but then one day I accidentally toggled the button that makes a pop-up appear whenever I want to edit something.

Now I can highlight a row, press enter, then it looks like I can edit inline, but when I start to type something the annoying popup editor appears, even when the button is toggled both ways! (BTW, it's not clear whether the popup should be enabled or disabled when the button is blue). Can someone please fix this? It's really annoying.

Rowan Beentje

Mar 12, 2014, 7:23:34 AM3/12/14
to seque...@googlegroups.com, Andrew Chiw
Hi Andrew,

What's the definition for the field you're editing? The sheet will always be displayed for BLOB and TEXT column types, though perhaps this is something we should think about...

Rowan

On 5 Mar 2014, at 01:58, Andrew Chiw <randomshi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all, I'm running Sequel Pro 1.0.2. I remember when I first installed it that I could edit rows inline, but then one day I accidentally toggled the button that makes a pop-up appear whenever I want to edit something.
>
> Now I can highlight a row, press enter, then it looks like I can edit inline, but when I start to type something the annoying popup editor appears, even when the button is toggled both ways! (BTW, it's not clear whether the popup should be enabled or disabled when the button is blue). Can someone please fix this? It's really annoying.

Matthew Baron

Nov 3, 2014, 7:27:52 PM11/3/14
to seque...@googlegroups.com, randomshi...@gmail.com
Hi Rowan,

I'm getting this same exact issue, and it happens no matter what kind of field I'm editing.  Where can I even toggle on/off the popup?  I cant quite find it.

Thanks,
Matt

Rowan Beentje

Nov 4, 2014, 6:21:51 AM11/4/14
to seque...@googlegroups.com, Matthew Baron
Hi Matt,

There's also a setting which does what you describe - look for the little toggle button to the right of the "Refresh" arrow below the content view, which is probably lit up blue. This can also be controlled via the Edit menu > "Edit All Fields in Pop-up Sheet".

Rowan

P. Arromba

Jul 7, 2016, 5:16:59 PM7/7/16
to Sequel Pro, randomshi...@gmail.com
Yes, please add the possibility to edit text without popup. I can't even remember how many times I needed this, don't push people to workbench..!