Unable to connect via SSH tunnel using "localhost"

Gustave Stresen-Reuter

Mar 24, 2017, 10:31:09 AM3/24/17
to Sequel Pro
Hi,

We've got a dedicated server on SiteGround. I'd like to be able to connect to the server using Sequel Pro but, apparently, the mysql command requires "localhost". Thus, if I try to set up the SSH tunnel and enter localhost as the MySQL Host, Sequel Pro responds with a message that I need to use 127.0.0.1 (essentially) and doesn't allow me to enter just 'localhost'.

Tech support insists that manually creating the tunnel and specifying localhost works for them, but I have been unable to test myself as I'm not sure how to do that (and following their instructions didn't seem to work).

Any suggestions on how to get this to work?

Kind regards,

Ted Stresen-Reuter

Edouard Kestemont

Mar 24, 2017, 11:12:04 AM3/24/17
to seque...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I suppose there should be an entry in the Hosts file mapping 127.0.0.1 to localhost ?

Regards,