How to assign a key on a field?

jayarjo

Nov 5, 2010, 2:02:22 PM11/5/10
to Sequel Pro
I wanted to assign UNIQUE key to a particular field and suddenly found
out that I do not know how. I double-clicked on key column, but there
was no reaction whatsoever. Dialog for PRIMARY KEY usually pops out
automatically when I create first auto_increment field, but how do I
trigger it manually?

Jeremy Burns | Class Outfit

Nov 5, 2010, 2:23:16 PM11/5/10
to seque...@googlegroups.com
You assign a unique key via the index pane underneath the fields in structure view. Or, go to the 'extra' column in structure view, set it to auto-increment and it will prompt you to make it the primary key.

Jeremy Burns
Class Outfit

jerem...@classoutfit.com
http://www.classoutfit.com

jayarjo

Nov 5, 2010, 2:57:18 PM11/5/10
to Sequel Pro
Oh... right... haven't noticed it. Easy... Created now :) although if
double-click on key column could show that dialog too, could be even
easier :)

Thanks for great product.

On Nov 5, 10:23 pm, Jeremy Burns | Class Outfit
<jeremybu...@classoutfit.com> wrote:
> You assign a unique key via the index pane underneath the fields in structure view. Or, go to the 'extra' column in structure view, set it to auto-increment and it will prompt you to make it the primary key.
>
> Jeremy Burns
> Class Outfit
>
> jeremybu...@classoutfit.comhttp://www.classoutfit.com

Rohit Gupta

Jan 30, 2017, 7:15:07 PM1/30/17
to Sequel Pro
ALTER TABLE table_name ADD UNIQUE (column_name);