Stopped connecting to RDS after upgrade to Release 1.1

Neil Harris

Oct 23, 2015, 10:12:32 PM10/23/15
to Sequel Pro
I was using Sequel Pro Release 1.0.2 to connect to RDS by specifying the host, username, password, database, port, and key-file (rds-combined-ca-bundle.pem). Today, I upgraded to 1.1, and the same connection (which was saved in my favorites) is now giving me this error:

Unable to connect to host ***.us-east-1.rds.amazonaws.com, or the request timed out.

Be sure that the address is correct and that you have the necessary privileges, or try increasing the connection timeout (currently 10 seconds).

MySQL said: SSL connection error: Unable to get private key

Connecting from iTerm still works fine:

mysql -u *** -p -h ***.us-east-1.rds.amazonaws.com --ssl-ca=***/rds-combined-ca-bundle.pem --ssl-verify-server-cert

What changed in Release 1.1? And how can I make it work again?

Arnaud Saint-Paul

Jan 27, 2016, 6:03:00 AM1/27/16
to Sequel Pro
Hi

I have the same problem here.

After upgrading to 1.1, I cannot connect with my remote MYSQL anymore. I am not using SSL nor SSH, just plain connection and it is not working either. I get a timeout.

Any help is welcome.