Looking for Top-Coders to advance A103294 and A004137

Peter Luschny

Nov 23, 2010, 4:08:42 PM11/23/10
to seqcomp
A great part of these sequences have its origin in a long and vivid
discussion
on the German Usenet (de.sci.mathematik). We explored rulers similar
the Golomb rulers.

Soon it turned out that the computations were hard. After reaching
the limit of our personal computers (the discussion was 2004/2005,
and the computers vintage ~2000) the fruits were carried to the
OEIS. And this is the state of affairs until today.

I think it is a good time for a new attack on these beautiful
creatures,
with new concurrent algorithms targeting multi core machines.

I have compiled some information and the things we have done
at that time (see [3]), so a new start should be easily possible.

Note that associated to our group here there is also a site [1]
which can be used to upload files and is open to all members
of this group. It is better to place program code there [2] and
give a link here. If you are the author make sure to indicate
your license. I think the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial
-Share Alike 3.0 License is a good choice.

Anyone interested?

[1] https://sites.google.com/site/seqcomp/home/
[2] https://sites.google.com/site/seqcomp/home/listings/perfectrulers
[3] http://www.luschny.de/math/rulers/prulers.html