Transitview Issues

Kyle Ortiz

Sep 8, 2019, 7:34:32 PM9/8/19
to sept...@googlegroups.com
I have been noticing within the past several weeks, that often enough there are duplicated buses showing up on transit view. One instance would show the correct designation whereas the other instance would show another designation for another route across town or an route heading back to the depot.

Also I've noticed that buses which would had otherwise appeared as orange no longer shows up on the feed.

Finally I have noticed that after 12AM in the morning, the buses on the feed would suddenly disappeared. Not entirely too sure if all of these issues are connected to an update.

Greg Apessos

Sep 10, 2019, 4:35:59 PM9/10/19
to SEPTAdev
Hello Kyle,

   The duplicate buses have been removed from TransitView as of yesterday.  After reviewing your comment, we found this only occurred when the trip_id for that bus did not have a corresponding trip in the GTFS.  Unfortunately, there are a handful of such buses.  With school in session, a number of them are probably school trips so you might have noticed more duplicates in the morning and early afternoon.

   The old code behind TransitView would show non-revenue (deadhead) buses as orange.  Those buses have been filtered out for a little while now.  There is one exception to that, however, route 35.  Since this route is listed internally as a loop, it doesn't have an East, West, North, or South designation and defaults to orange.

   As for the 12AM disappearing buses, have you noticed this happening on a specific route or time?  Is it during the transition from 11:59 to 12:00AM on the weekday or have you noticed this on the weekend?  This also might have been related to the duplicate bus issue that was fixed yesterday.  We will continue to review our midnight logs for the rest of the week to see if we can catch this happening.

-Greg

Kyle Ortiz

Mar 19, 2020, 9:11:33 AM3/19/20
to sept...@googlegroups.com
Now there is an interesting issue,

Transitview keeps cycling between showing the normal amount of buses to way fewer buses. It literally would jump between 900 vehicles being tracked down to 30.

SEPTA Developers

Mar 19, 2020, 9:16:53 AM3/19/20
to SEPTAdev
Kyle,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We are looking into the issue right now.

Yannick
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to sept...@googlegroups.com.

SEPTA Developers

Mar 19, 2020, 1:13:14 PM3/19/20
to SEPTAdev
Kyle,

We resolved the issue around 11am. again thx for the report.

Yannick

Kyle Ortiz

Apr 28, 2020, 10:19:14 AM4/28/20
to sept...@googlegroups.com
Greg thanks for addressing the prior issue. I am afraid that there is another issue to report.  Apparently only a few buses are showing up on the  http://www3.septa.org/hackathon/TransitViewAll/.  For example no buses on the G shows up. However when I go through some of the individual links using an mobile device for example  http://www3.septa.org/beta/TransitView/G then the buses would show up. Not entirely too sure what is causing the issue.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/septadev/d94368a0-c96f-4e9b-b778-70e1402155a6%40googlegroups.com.