JSONP-compatible Arrivals endpoint?

Stephen Swift

Apr 20, 2018, 5:07:43 PM4/20/18
to SEPTAdev
Hi folks,

New SEPTA API tinkerer here, and first let me say: Kudos to the team responsible for making this data available, and for fostering this line of communication!

I was wondering — are there any plans to make the Arrivals API endpoint JSONP-compatible?

The application I am writing against the SEPTA API will display regional rail arrival information for individual stations, and from what I have been able to cobble together over the past couple of programming sessions, there does not seem to be a way for me to get the data I'm hoping for without making dozens of separate calls to NextToArrive, or by doing some intense work against the TransitView firehose.

The Arrival API contains 100% of the data I need, can be retrieved with a single call, but does not appear to be JSONP-compatible in any form, and therefore I can't usefully access it.

The only other option I appear to have is to work with the Center City Regional Rail Arrivals CSV, but that does not seem like its intended use.

Thanks for your time!

Stephen

Greg Apessos

Apr 21, 2018, 5:23:43 PM4/21/18
to SEPTAdev
Hey Stephen,

   Welcome to the SEPTAdev group.  If you have any questions or discover an issue, feel free to post here.

   Also: http://www3.septa.org/api/Arrivals/index.php?station=Jefferson%20Station&direction=N&results=1&simple=1&callback=12345

-Greg