GTFS-rt data is incorrectly measuring delays in minutes

Zach Pepsin

Jan 27, 2019, 1:21:20 PM1/27/19
to SEPTAdev
After comparing the data in the SEPTA GTFS-rt with the live statuses of train in SEPTA TrainView, it is clear that the GTFS-rt is measuring the "delay" value in the TripUpdate object in minutes, rather than seconds.

According to the GTFS-rt documentation for the TripUpdate object, the Delay parameter is to be measured in seconds.

Evidence of this is attached.  You will see in the pictures that according to TrainView, Wilmington train trip #214 is 2 minutes late.  However, the delay in GTFS-rt for this trip is "2," indicating that the train is 2 seconds late.  This pattern can be seen across all trains that appear on TrainView.

Thank you,

Zach
SEPTA_GTFSrt_1.PNG
SEPTA_GTFSrt_2.PNG

Webmaster At RideSchedules

Jan 28, 2019, 10:17:06 PM1/28/19
to SEPTAdev
I'm sure this would be frustrating for passengers.

If true, I hope it gets put at the top of your todo list.

Seems like adding a * 60 wouldn't take much time.

Zach Pepsin

Feb 10, 2019, 3:24:17 PM2/10/19
to SEPTAdev
It appears this has been resolved.  Thank you!