Bus 79 GTFS data incorrect?

Mark Weigel

Dec 26, 2019, 1:12:59 PM12/26/19
to SEPTAdev
Hello,

I am pulling GTFS data into Home Assistant (my home automation software) for 2 buses, the 17 and 79. When comparing the information for the 17 everything matches the Septa Android app perfectly. When I compare the information for the 79, I am consistently getting incorrect trip_block_id. I'm not 100 percent certain that it is incorrect GTFS data but am suspecting that may be the issue.  Does anybody have insight for me?

Greg Apessos

Jan 3, 2020, 12:08:28 PM1/3/20
to SEPTAdev
Hello Mark,

    I can take a look at this.  Could you give me some more details on the discrepancies you are seeing?  What stops, times or trip_ids are showing the incorrect block_id?  Are they all incorrect, or just a portion?  Are you comparing the GTFS results against TransitView or the Next-to-Arrive results in the app?

-Greg

Mark Weigel

Jan 9, 2020, 1:34:33 PM1/9/20
to SEPTAdev
Hi Greg,

Since my post things seem to have improved.  I have kept an eye on it the last few days and everything is matching. It was Christmas Eve and Christmas day when things were definitely incorrect.  I didn't check for a few days after that so I don't know for sure when things started matching. It probably has to do with holiday schedules.

The stop_ids I checked are 24246 and 1069 and I am only checking the information for the next arrival, but every bus was incorrect those days. The trip_block_id numbers I can't recall exactly, but the trip_id I was getting was definitely not in the json response from https://www3.septa.org/api/TransitView/79. I'm comparing the data that I get in Home Assistant to the Next-to-Arrive displayed in the official Septa Android app.

- Mark