DNN library is not found

rober...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2023, 5:17:38 PM12/29/23
to Sepal Users

Dear users,

It seems recently there was an update in SEPAL.  I want to train a TensorFlow model but I am getting an error “DNN library is not found”. When I checked the directory  “/usr/local/cuda-11.4/ “  I did not see the library

 libcudnn8.

Below is the error I get when I try to train the model seems that it doesn't load properly the old composites, it takes a long time and it's not possible to visualize them.

2023-12-29 21:28:59.517317: W tensorflow/core/framework/op_kernel.cc:1839] OP_REQUIRES failed at conv_ops_impl.h:1592 : UNIMPLEMENTED: DNN library is not found.

Thanks for your help.

Masolele, Robert

Dec 29, 2023, 5:17:44 PM12/29/23
to Sepal Users

------

Dr. Robert N. Masolele

Postdoctoral Researcher | Laboratory of Geo-Information Science and Remote Sensing

Environmental Sciences Group, Wageningen University & Research

Postbus 47, 6700AA, Wageningen

Wageningen Campus, Building 101 (Gaia), Room C.319

Droevendaalsesteeg 3, 6708PB, Wageningen

Phone: +31 (0)622178455

Andreas Vollrath

Jan 12, 2024, 5:28:45 AMJan 12
to Sepal Users
Dear Robert,

indeed there was an important update of the underlying OS, the whole Tensorflow dependencies is a bit tricky and it seems not everything is yet in place. We'll work to get this sorted asap.

Apologies, and thanks for your patience,
Andreas

Masolele, Robert

Jan 30, 2024, 7:56:17 AMJan 30
to Andreas Vollrath, Sepal Users

Hi Andreas,

It looks like the issue of TensorFlow dependencies has not been solved. Do you have plan to work on it? i.e  DNN library is not found.”?

Thanks for your response.

Robert Masolele

------

Dr. Robert N. Masolele

Postdoctoral Researcher | Laboratory of Geo-Information Science and Remote Sensing

Environmental Sciences Group, Wageningen University & Research

Postbus 47, 6700AA, Wageningen

Wageningen Campus, Building 101 (Gaia), Room C.319

Droevendaalsesteeg 3, 6708PB, Wageningen

Phone: +31 (0)622178455

John Dilger

Apr 15, 2024, 6:02:21 AMApr 15
to Sepal Users

Hi,

Has there been any updates or workaround found? I'm running into the same issue with the DNN library.

Best,
John

John Dilger

May 2, 2024, 4:03:50 AMMay 2
to Sepal Users
A small update. I think the root issue is that CUDAv11.7 is not supported by Tesnsorflow.

I haven't found a workaround for Tesnorflow but I did get Pytorch running and using the GPU.
conda create -n torch python=3.11 -y
conda activate torch

conda install pytorch==2.0.1 torchvision==0.15.2 torchaudio==2.0.2 pytorch-cuda=11.7 -c pytorch -c nvidia