Questions about using SEO Code of Ethics Group

GlobalFusion

Aug 28, 2008, 5:33:58 PM8/28/08
to SEO Code of Ethics
If you have any questions regarding how to operate the SEO Code of
Ethics Group, please post them here. Thank you.

Dana Lookadoo

Aug 29, 2008, 11:26:22 AM8/29/08
to SEO Code of Ethics
Maybe this is where we should discuss your questions from the initial
post. My opinion follows:

1. Can anybody view group content or only members?
Yes

2. Can anyone join the group, people have to be invited or people
should request an invitation to join?
Yes

3. Should all messages be held for moderation or no moderation is
needed and they should be delivered directly?
No moderation but reserve right to edit/delete.

4. Should all messages from new members be moderated in case a smart
fellow decides to spam?
Yes GlobalFusion, are you open to being the moderator?

GlobalFusion

Aug 29, 2008, 11:48:36 AM8/29/08
to SEO Code of Ethics
*** This post was moved from the thread: Should an SEO Company Declare
Its "SEO Code of Ethics"? ***

I just wanted to ask for your feedback about the overall management of
the group.

First off, we need volunteers. I am happy to be one of them, but we’ll
need at least one more person keep up with housekeeping. Any takers?

Please share your thoughts on the following questions:

1. Can anybody view group content or only members?
2. Can anyone join the group, people have to be invited or people
should request an invitation to join?
3. Should all messages be held for moderation or no moderation is
needed and they should be delivered directly?
2. Should all messages from new members be moderated in case a smart
fellow decides to spam?

Thanks a lot,

paisley

Aug 29, 2008, 11:58:17 AM8/29/08
to SEO Code of Ethics
i can provide content and direction but i have no interest in
moderating...

why do we need moderation? to keep trolls out and delete linkbait or
negativity..

=)

Harith

Aug 29, 2008, 12:02:10 PM8/29/08
to SEO Code of Ethics
I,m back from few hours visit to the dentist. Can't talk but can
write :-)

> First off, we need volunteers. I am happy to be one of them, but we’ll
> need at least one more person keep up with housekeeping. Any takers?

I wish to help, but I need to learn the use of Google group. On
Sphinn thread few mentioned they wish to help. Lets contact them
asking to come here.

> 1. Can anybody view group content or only members?

Yes

> 2. Can anyone join the group, people have to be invited or people
> should request an invitation to join?

Anybody is welcome to join the group without invitation. But there
will be few "negative" persons or trolls whom we will need to keep an
eye on.

> 3. Should all messages be held for moderation or no moderation is
> needed and they should be delivered directly?

At Yahoo group I was the owner and moderator. There use to be spam
messages every day. There was an option that you can make only new
members first post moderated. That way I kept both spam and trolls
away of the list.

> 2. Should all messages from new members be moderated in case a smart
> fellow decides to spam?

If there is an option, only first message could be moderated.

paisley

Aug 29, 2008, 12:10:57 PM8/29/08
to SEO Code of Ethics
Harith,
this sounds liek an opportunity to learn google groups for you..

=)

Global fusion in charge of group and harith is second mod?

cool with me..

GlobalFusion

Aug 29, 2008, 12:34:34 PM8/29/08
to SEO Code of Ethics
I'll be happy to moderate the group. I think is a good idea to have
someone like Harith as the second mod, just to keep an eye on spam
while I am not available. Though I guess we all can do that.

Spam is a big issue with all groups. Take a quick look at
site:groups.google.us and you'll see what I am talking about. Plus, as
paisley said, there will be baiters and people who may not behave
properly. I am not worry about opposite/controversial opinions as long
as they enrich the dialogue and are made with respect.

Allowing moderation for first time comments is a good idea too. And
it's an option available for this group. You thoughts are appreciated.

Dana Lookadoo

Aug 29, 2008, 12:40:52 PM8/29/08
to SEO Code of Ethics
Talked to GlobalFusion about moderating, too. Yes, no trolls or
someone trying to trademark our code of ethics! <joke>

GlobalFusion as Moderator
Harith as VP Moderator
Dana as Pinch Moderator
(I'm in the Google Groups learning curve, too.)

Policies for participation?
Every group should have a policy, like a Roberts Rules of Order for
meetings but for online - courtesy, no swearing, no spamming, no
linkbaiting, etc. Would that be a Page in Ggroups?

paisley

Aug 29, 2008, 12:55:02 PM8/29/08
to SEO Code of Ethics

policy for behavior,

friday business casual professional behavior?

Harith

Aug 29, 2008, 1:05:46 PM8/29/08
to SEO Code of Ethics
Paisley,

> policy for behavior,

Great idea from Dana and you. Maybe just few lines, but to signal what
we see as unacceptable.

Harith

Aug 29, 2008, 1:06:58 PM8/29/08
to SEO Code of Ethics
Dana,

> GlobalFusion as Moderator
> Harith as VP Moderator
> Dana as Pinch Moderator
> (I'm in the Google Groups learning curve, too.)

Yes..yes :-)

> Policies for participation?
> Every group should have a policy, like a Roberts Rules of Order for
> meetings but for online - courtesy, no swearing, no spamming, no
> linkbaiting, etc. Would that be a Page in Ggroups?

Exactly. Something in that direction.

Dana Lookadoo

Aug 29, 2008, 2:18:34 PM8/29/08
to SEO Code of Ethics
Okay! We'll call it our Friday Business Casual Policies! :-)

Harith

Aug 29, 2008, 4:38:45 PM8/29/08
to SEO Code of Ethics
Please send some Sphinn love to Dana's post. Much appreciated.

SEO Code of Ethics - The Effort! http://sphinn.com/story/69377

Dana Lookadoo

Aug 29, 2008, 4:49:01 PM8/29/08
to SEO Code of Ethics
Thanks, Harith!

Excited to be part of the movement!

Harith

Aug 29, 2008, 5:07:38 PM8/29/08
to SEO Code of Ethics
Very glad to see new friends have joined our group. Thank you for
joining us. Very kind of you.

Lid

Aug 29, 2008, 8:10:06 PM8/29/08
to SEO Code of Ethics
Still trying to get my head back to Google groups...

David Keffen

Aug 30, 2008, 8:37:00 PM8/30/08
to SEO Code of Ethics

Well O.K. I give in Harith and Globalfusion....well done for getting
this far. I'd like to have a share and apologise for my earlier
cinicism Harith.

GlobalFusion

Aug 30, 2008, 8:57:17 PM8/30/08
to SEO Code of Ethics
Welcome to the group Dave! Glad to have you on board. From my
perspective, there is no need to apologize for what you thought was
appropriate at the time. I am sure you'll enrich the discussions and
the group's efforts ;)

Harith

Aug 31, 2008, 3:04:36 AM8/31/08
to SEO Code of Ethics
Hi David,

You are most welcome. Glad to see you among us :-)