Access to provider from other Tenant

mehdi.al...@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2021, 7:54:10 AM7/19/21
to Sentilo
Hi Dear Sentilo Team
First of all I have to appreciate your effort on Sentilo and the time you put our questions.

Then We have a problem on accessing providers from other Tenants in another
We are using Sentilo 1.9 in multi-tenant mode.  I have two tenants test and service-registry ,I have a provider with identifier pp1 in tenant test
In menu Organization of test ---> permissions to others

Screenshot from 2021-07-19 15-54-23.pngde
from Providers  selected  pp1  and from Organization select  Service Registry   from Type selected Read-Write and finally hit Add button.

Then login into another tenant and open Providers

Screenshot from 2021-07-19 16-04-42.png
I see test@pp1 is added into the providers list of this tenant, then click on the test@pp1 and the following picture are showed

Screenshot from 2021-07-19 16-07-04.png

I can see the list of sensors,  components of the test@pp1 also I can see the component on the map and  seeing the latest observation of a sensor, up to here every things are OK.
Now, I like to read the latest or some latest observations on the test@pp1 sensors with APIs, or I would like to publish some observations from the current tenant to sensors of test@pp1.
As you can see in the above picture the Authorization Token is masked and I done know by which Token should call the APIs (Read/Write)
I think this  feature is just working in the web-catalog context not API, If I think correct

Question:1
please help me to find out how to read/write to the providers that we have permission on them like the above scenario. I could not find the related documentations on you web site , If there is please liked me.

Question:2
Would you explain about how to use sentilo APIs with Application

Best Regard
Mehdi

Sentilo IO

Jul 23, 2021, 5:13:56 AM7/23/21
to Sentilo
Hi Mehdi,

About the provider visualization, it's correct that you can see the token because you're not the entity owner.
Anyway, you can interact with this provider through the API. You can use another entity(application or provider) from the "Service Registry" organization and interact with test@pp1.
Of course you have to assign read/write permissions over this provider before.

About your second question, you can use applications for subscribing to sensor data, manage the catalog or even publish data. The only premise is that the application should have the necessari permissions over the providers you want to interact.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Sentilo Team.

mehdi.al...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2021, 8:51:46 AM7/23/21
to Sentilo
Thank you for the response but,
How is it possible to read/write test@pp1 from other provider in "Service  Registry"  organization? Assume there is enough Read/Write permission.

mehdi.al...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2021, 9:28:13 AM7/23/21
to Sentilo
Is it possible to share some example of how to use APIs over Applications or how to use APIs over the providers of other organizations that we access?

Sentilo IO

Jul 26, 2021, 2:16:34 AM7/26/21
to Sentilo
Hi Mehdi,

You only have to invoke the API using the test@pp1 as identifier, but you should use the token from one of the entities of "Service  Registry"  organization with permissions over it.
http://<your_api_server.com>/data/test@pp1
It should work just like that.

Regards,

mehdi.al...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2021, 10:30:45 AM7/26/21
to Sentilo
It works as you said but, I recommend adding  this information in the Sentilo documentation.

Regard

Sentilo IO

Jul 29, 2021, 1:53:59 AM7/29/21
to Sentilo
Thanks for your feedback Mehdi, we'll try to enhance the documentation about this matter in the future.

Regards,