Why a sensr.net API?

Adam

Mar 23, 2010, 7:09:40 PM3/23/10
to sensr.net dev
We decided to create the sensr.net API so third party developers could
build apps for accessing the sensr.net site. We're busy building the
main sensr.net website but we would love to see apps on other devices
so users can access their cameras.

We have thought about lots of cool ways to view the images stored on
sensr.net but we're sure the developer community can think of many
more. So if you want to write an iPhone, Android, or even Chumby app
for accessing the sensr.net site, the APIs are the way to get started.

Our approach is similar to that of Twitter. We want to build a great
website and service that is useful to our users, but we want to enable
developers to build amazing apps as well. We realize that as a
startup, we can't do it all. Our hope is that passionate users/
developers can leverage what we've built so far and help us take it to
the next level.

We're not exactly sure what folks with do with the APIs and we're just
getting started, so we would love your feedback. This group is the
place for that feedback and discussion.

Currently the API documentation can be found on our website at this
url: http://sensr.net/pubdoc/index.html

Regards,
Adam