Bob's demo system is pretty much complete

John JR

Dec 7, 2019, 8:13:53 PM12/7/19
to SENSORICA, sensorica-ecg
I've completed all the hardware for Bob's demo system. It took me a while primarily because I kept finding things to fix or improve in the GrowSense software.

Also it was the first time I made an all in one GrowSense stack including an irrigator with a pump, a ventilator with a fan, and an illuminator with a light. So figuring out how to fit all of that (reasonably) neatly into a single stack took some thinking and experimenting.

Once we have custom cases then I should be able to build a complete system like this in just a few hours, because the cases take longer to make (cut out of containers) than the electronics take to assemble.

The last remaining tasks are:
1) Reinstall the latest version of GrowSense on it (easy to do I just need to plug it back in and run the reinstall script)
2) Configure it to run as a standalone WiFi hotspot so it doesn't need any other networks to be able to load and use the web based UI.
3) Spray the soil moisture sensor with a clear coat spray I bought so the electronics at the top are completely waterproof (then submerge it in a glass of water for a day or two while it runs to make sure it keeps working).
4) Make a case for the 1602 LCD button shield system UI. I kept forgetting about this task but it shouldn't take long to complete.
5) Ship it off.

I'll be posting photos and likely videos of it before I ship it to Bob.

Cheers,
John