Fwd: Weatherproof GrowSense irrigation combo

John JR

Jan 27, 2020, 4:05:48 PM1/27/20
to grow...@googlegroups.com, sensorica-ecg, SENSORICA
I've attached a photo of a weatherproof GrowSense irrigation combo system that is suitable for sale.
More parts are on their way and I'm going to build at least 5 more of these to sell. If I get a lot of interest I'll order yet more parts and build more systems to meet the demand.

Who wants to buy one?
If I get expressions of interest I'll create a spreadsheet to come up with a final price for the system. You're not committed to buy if you express interest, you can confirm after I come up with the final price.
It will be sold at a discounted price to early adopters in return for feedback and testing.

Functionality:
- Raspberry Pi Zero W (can connect to your network via WiFi or act as a standalone WiFi hotspot)
- 4 port USB hub
- Irrigator with a small peristaltic pump
- 2 x additional soil moisture monitors (so you can confirm that the irrigator is indeed reaching 2 additional sensors, 3 in total, instead of just 1)
- Temperature/humidity monitor (to monitor whether the temperature or humidity are too high inside the weatherproof enclosure)

Target situation:
- A large pot plant with drippers
- Multiple pot plants with drippers
- A small garden with drippers

Options for customisation:
- If you want to use an external pump or water valve I can leave the pump out of this system and just leave space (with a waterproof cable gland) to run wires from an external pump or valve into the irrigator). This customisation should make it suitable for larger gardens or even farms, when a large pump or valve is used.

The project is still in the "release candidate" stage so it needs more testing. But any software bugs can be fixed and rolled out along the way. If the system is connected via WiFi to a network with internet access it will automatically update itself when new releases are available.

I'm hoping to roll out a bunch of these systems to early adopters ASAP so we can confirm that it works and iron out any remaining issues if they're found. After that we can look at moving into larger scale production and retail sales.

Cheers,
John

20200128_073405.jpg

John JR

Jan 27, 2020, 4:08:16 PM1/27/20
to grow...@googlegroups.com, sensorica-ecg, SENSORICA
This is what the system looks like closed up.
20200128_073646.jpg

Tiberius Brastaviceanu

Feb 2, 2020, 8:38:01 PM2/2/20
to John JR, grow...@googlegroups.com, sensorica-ecg, SENSORICA
Thanks John,

I uploaded de pic to the shared photo album for the GreenWall project. Do you think it needs to be in other places?

Also, if this box and fittings are easily available online, we can add them to the parts list and kit price calculator.

NOTE
It is very nice of you John to share the news about testing this new hardware enclosure. This announcement has a function within the network, to bring up info about new development at a given time. But the communication river will continue to flow and soon this info will he forgotten and difficult to recover. Important info needs to also be captured and fixed in a way that it can have a more lasting effect on the entire network. That's what we mean by working stigmergicaly. 2 months later someone can find this info and use it. So we ask ourselves the question, is this an info worth fixing? I think so. So where and how do we fix it? What would someone do with it in the future? Someone would probably look for hardware enclosure options that have been tested. It is probably a good idea to place te into in the BOM doc. Perhaps it is also pertinent to put it in R&D docs, in a packaging section. These actions increase the value of our work (people use it in the future) and the value of our network (people find pretty complete recipes).

--
Go to SENSORICA home
https://sites.google.com/site/sensoricahome/home

John JR

Feb 13, 2020, 7:52:08 PM2/13/20
to Tiberius Brastaviceanu, grow...@googlegroups.com, sensorica-ecg, SENSORICA
Currently taking a much needed break but when I get a chance I'll add all the parts needed for this waterproof setup to my orders list with the links to the suppliers. Then from there we can move that info to the BOM and anywhere else it should be added.