GreenSense: Weekly hangouts conference

1 view

John CC

Sep 2, 2019, 8:07:51 PM9/2/19
to sensorica-ecg, SENSORICA
Writing emails can be a bit slow so I just started thinking I'd like to set up a weekly conference via hangouts including anyone directly involved in GreenSense as well as anyone just interested in the project who wants to observe and or add some ideas, suggestions, etc. People who are interested in being an end user are also welcome because your feedback will be useful.

The aim is to discuss what's happening now as well as the future of the project. As well as using screensharing to demo what I've been working on and how things work. And even help people understand the system and resolve any issues that pop up.
We can decide what the subjects are each time we have a conference. And we can take notes in Google Docs including any useful info.

Currently there are no critical bugs I know of in the GreenSense system, only a few fairly minor non-critical bugs I'll be ironing out as I go.

I'm part way through setting up these infrastructure upgrades and soon I plan to deploy an online shopping web app on the web server to allow people to order basic kits, along with wiki, riot.im chat, etc.

So we are reaching the point where it's no longer just an open source project it's time to figure out all the business side of things. As well as thinking about what new devices and functionality to add, etc.

Is anyone interested in being involved in the weekly conference? It's ok if you can't be involved every week but if you're interested in occasionally being involved let me know.

Even if you don't want to be on web cam but are interested in observing the conference, listening to what's happening, watching when I do screensharing, and just using the chat functionality to provide feedback, that would still be appreciated.

What's the best way of deciding a time that works for everyone? If we can't agree on a single time then I'm happy to do 2 (or even more) online conferences per week at different times so everyone can get involved.

I'm in australia (+10 GMT) and mornings are the best time for me, but my life is fairly flexible so whatever time works for most people I'll try to make work.
That time tends to be the afternoon/evening for anyone in the US/Canada timezones.

I'm open to trying meetings in my evening which is the morning in the US/Canada timezones.

Cheers,
John