how to use distinctCount and group by together

sooch...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2013, 5:03:25 AM11/13/13
to sensei...@googlegroups.com

 I need use distinctCount and group by together in senseidb.

Such as,  select distinctCount(a) group by b ;

So,  I want to ask,  how to use?

Volodymyr Zhabiuk

Nov 13, 2013, 12:39:28 PM11/13/13
to sensei...@googlegroups.com
As far as I know this has not been implemented yet. Each aggregation function in Sensei is implemented as the Sensei Map/Reduce function http://senseidb.github.io/sensei/map-reduce.html. The problem is that distinctCount with group by would consume too much memory to store intermediate results on heap if cardinalities of b and a are big.

In future we might leverage HyperLogLog or BloomFilter to do this more effectively, but results might not be accurate

Thanks,
Volodymyr

2013/11/13 <sooch...@gmail.com>

 I need use distinctCount and group by together in senseidb.

Such as,  select distinctCount(a) group by b ;

So,  I want to ask,  how to use?

sooch...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2013, 3:35:32 AM11/21/13
to sensei...@googlegroups.com
Thanks,
But now, have a other method to replace this.

在 2013年11月14日星期四UTC+8上午1时39分28秒,Volodymyr Zhabiuk写道: