Does SenseiBA support incremental batch indexing?

Zhou Lizhi

May 9, 2013, 2:07:46 AM5/9/13
to sensei...@googlegroups.com
Does SenseiDB support incremental batch indexing? Say, when new data arrive, I can fire up MR jobs to build index on new data and then push it to SenseiDB then both old data and new data will be available in SenseiDB.
I guess SenseiBA can do this because it reads indexes from several directories while SenseiDB cannot. But can I do some tricks like adding a new shard to SenseiDB?

Volodymyr Zhabiuk

May 10, 2013, 12:49:59 AM5/10/13
to sensei...@googlegroups.com
Adding a new shard is problematic. You would need to take your nodes
offline for this. And it's a manual step

Thanks,
Volodymyr