Usage for multiple emails (not for one open email)

Алексей Сиваков

Jan 30, 2022, 5:53:56 AM1/30/22
to Send Later Users
Make it possible to use this add-on for a variety of emails. For example, in the list of emails. For 5 selected emails - apply the "Send within a week" function (or others).

Jonathan Perry-Houts

Jan 30, 2022, 3:27:38 PM1/30/22
to send-lat...@googlegroups.com

Can you explain this more? I don't understand the use case you're describing.

On 1/30/22 02:53, Алексей Сиваков wrote:
Make it possible to use this add-on for a variety of emails. For example, in the list of emails. For 5 selected emails - apply the "Send within a week" function (or others). --
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Send Later Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/send-later-users/e74e40a3-7c45-4cff-8840-7f375dcb7c70n%40googlegroups.com.

Алексей Сиваков

Jan 31, 2022, 9:09:37 AM1/31/22
to Send Later Users
I would like to use a dynamic function for multiple messages (a group (from messages list)). So that you don't have to open every messages.

next = new Date(Date.now() + (Math.random()*(args[0]*60)*60000));

To set a random date for sending - it is necessary to open each message to work with the add-on "Send Later".

P.S. Sometimes at work I have to send messages to clients (~400 messages). So that the mailbox is not blocked, the sending will last for several days.

понедельник, 31 января 2022 г. в 04:27:38 UTC+8, j...@extended-thunder.org:

Dave Warren

Jan 31, 2022, 12:28:01 PM1/31/22
On 2022-01-31 07:09, Алексей Сиваков wrote:
> I would like to use a dynamic function for multiple messages (a group
> (from messages list)). So that you don't have to open every messages.
>
> next = new Date(Date.now() + (Math.random()*(args[0]*60)*60000));
>
> To set a random date for sending - it is necessary to open each message
> to work with the add-on "Send Later".
>
> P.S. Sometimes at work I have to send messages to clients (~400
> messages). So that the mailbox is not blocked, the sending will last for
> several days.

Is this one message going to a bunch of recipients, or totally different
messages?

It occurs to me that Mail Merge might do what you want already, and it
has a delay mechanism built-in which ties into Send Later.

Алексей Сиваков

Feb 1, 2022, 6:08:45 AM2/1/22
to Send Later Users
I have already used this add-on (Mail Merge). There is a problem with it - the mail server (smtp.mail.ru ) when sending a message to a blocked or non-existent mailbox (on the domain mail.ru ) sends an error message to Thunderbird (a pop-up window about the inability to send an email to the recipient). After closing this window, the sending of the queue of emails (Mail Merge) stops (while the timer continues, but the emails are not sent).

вторник, 1 февраля 2022 г. в 01:28:01 UTC+8, Dave Warren:

Jonathan Perry-Houts

Feb 5, 2022, 4:26:14 PM2/5/22
to send-lat...@googlegroups.com

Did you try using MailMerge with its delay mechanism? That feature should send the messages exactly the same as if they were scheduled with Send Later (in fact, Send Later actually does handle the send process).

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted