Preset for specific time

James McLean

Jan 8, 2021, 1:34:23 AM1/8/21
to Send Later Users
I believe that right now the configurable presets can only be set to a number of minutes into the future.  There is no way to set one to a specific time, such as "10:00AM tomorrow", right?
It would be really nifty (for me) if those could be made to accept equivalent input as the "Send at" field on the main dialog.

Paul Wesselmann

Jan 8, 2021, 9:32:23 AM1/8/21
to Send Later Users

This intrigues me. I type "tomorrow at 10" and "tomorrow at 4" very very frequently (and didn't really realize it until I read your question). I don't use the presets at all (didn't even know they were a thing!), but having a standard "tomorrow at ___" would intrigue me for sure. -Paul

Jonathan Perry-Houts

Jan 8, 2021, 11:42:10 AM1/8/21
to Send Later Users
You can't use the shortcut buttons for this, but you can set the default schedule to whatever you'd like. Just fill in the popup dialog, and click on the 'save these values as default'. In your case, just type "tomorrow at 10:00" as the send time, and every time you open the send later popup it will auto-fill with that value.

It's not quite as slick as using a shortcut button, because you can't execute it with a single keybinding, but you can still do "Ctrl+Shift+Enter" (or Alt+Shift+Enter, depending on your settings), and then hit enter as soon as the popup is displayed.

Jonathan Perry-Houts

Jan 8, 2021, 11:46:05 AM1/8/21
to Send Later Users
Actually, now that I think about it you *can* do this with a shortcut. You just need to define your own dynamic function, and assign it to one of the shortcut buttons. Those are documented here: https://extended-thunder.github.io/send-later/#dynamic

That said, the method I described before is slightly less effort up front, so I would probably go that route anyway.

Paul Wesselmann

Jan 8, 2021, 12:44:51 PM1/8/21
to Send Later Users
Beautiful. Just tested it, and works like a charm on my Mac using Command+Shift+Enter. Thanks to each of you...both the question and the answer helped me! -Paul