TSE: where.s does not search as expected

knud van eeden

Nov 6, 2022, 1:38:39 PM11/6/22
to SemWare TSE Pro Text Editor
Hello,

1. There is or should be a bug in the latest version of where.s
(located in mac\where.s)

2. If you search e.g.

d:*.s

(thus in other words you search on drive D: for all files with extension .s)

it does not find it in the drive d:,
but e.g. (always) in (another) drive (e.g. drive f:)

3. That is unexpected.

4. I checked where this behavior seemed to have started:

a. it still worked OK up and until included tse_beta44125

b. (I do not have tse_beta44126, so not sure if it started there).

c. it did for sure not work OK since tse_beta44127 or higher, e.g. the latest clean TSE version 4.47.

with friendly greetings
Knud van Eeden

knud van eeden

Nov 6, 2022, 2:05:53 PM11/6/22
to SemWare TSE Pro Text Editor
(FYI: My attention was thus drawn to where.s because you can set the driveletters (e.g. 'cdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz') also
in tse.ini, which I did, then started testing with where.s and noticed the unexpected behavior).

The issue is very probably with 'Driveletters' in where.s

I have attached a possibly illustrative screenshot of a beyondcompare between the where.s from 41125 and 41127

Inline image

--

---

S.E. Mitchell

Nov 24, 2022, 11:15:06 AM11/24/22
to sem...@googlegroups.com
Added it to the bug list.
Thanks for the report!
--
Sammy

knud van eeden

Nov 24, 2022, 12:15:35 PM11/24/22
to sem...@googlegroups.com
> sammy wrote:
> Thanks for the report!

More than welcome.

knud van eeden

Nov 26, 2022, 11:39:03 PM11/26/22
to sem...@googlegroups.com
Sammy,

I read the 4.48 read.me and could not find any mentioning about that 'where' was fixed.

But I just tested in 4.48 and there it looks like it is fixed now.

If so, maybe also adding that to the read.me for the next release (e.g. 4.49).

Thanks
with friendly greetings,
Knud van Eeden

knud van eeden

Nov 26, 2022, 11:43:20 PM11/26/22
to sem...@googlegroups.com
Sammy,

Final remark about this, if applying the suggestion of removing the backslash '\'
from [KeyWords3],
please edit thus the original latex.syn in e.g. the latest TSE version 4.48,
because that is where I tested with and that should work.

(e.g. do not use Sjoerd Rienstra's version, as there is another single backslash '\'
 added to another KeyWords group).

Thanks

S.E. Mitchell

Nov 26, 2022, 11:46:23 PM11/26/22
to sem...@googlegroups.com
I did not fix where.s
--
Sammy Mitchell

On Sat, Nov 26, 2022 at 11:39 PM 'knud van eeden' via SemWare TSE Pro
text editor <sem...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Sammy,
>
> I read the 4.48 read.me and could not find any mentioning about that 'where' was fixed.
>
> But I just tested in 4.48 and there it looks like it is fixed now.
>
> If so, maybe also adding that to the read.me for the next release (e.g. 4.49).
>
> Thanks
> with friendly greetings,
> Knud van Eeden
>
> On Thursday, November 24, 2022 at 05:15:10 PM GMT+1, S.E. Mitchell <sammy.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Added it to the bug list.
> Thanks for the report!
> --
> Sammy
>
> On Sun, Nov 6, 2022 at 2:05 PM 'knud van eeden' via SemWare TSE Pro text editor <sem...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> (FYI: My attention was thus drawn to where.s because you can set the driveletters (e.g. 'cdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz') also
> in tse.ini, which I did, then started testing with where.s and noticed the unexpected behavior).
>

> The issue is very probably with 'Driveletters' in where.s
>
> I have attached a possibly illustrative screenshot of a beyondcompare between the where.s from 41125 and 41127
>

> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/semware/1475894169.5090932.1669523938886%40mail.yahoo.com.

knud van eeden

Nov 26, 2022, 11:47:29 PM11/26/22
to sem...@googlegroups.com
Sammy,

Double checking, no the where.s issue is not resolved in 4.48

knud van eeden

Jan 3, 2023, 5:41:22 PM1/3/23
to sem...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

FYIO

wheres. is not working as expected in 4.49
(same where.s version is present in 4.48 as in 4.49)

with friendly greetings
Knud van Eeden