26 markblocks!

zhong zhao

Aug 5, 2022, 4:04:29 AM8/5/22
to SemWare TSE Pro text editor
Enjoy it!
(^_^)
Blocks.s

knud van eeden

Aug 5, 2022, 4:17:10 AM8/5/22
to SemWare TSE Pro text editor
Any information about its purpose, instructions, ...?

On my clean 4.45 it does not do much, it shows a dialog box

----[blocks]-------
      [OK]

if you press any key after that nothing happens.

with friendly greetings
Knud van Eeden

On Friday, August 5, 2022 at 10:04:35 AM GMT+2, zhong zhao <zhao4...@gmail.com> wrote:

Enjoy it!
(^_^)

--

---

zhong zhao

Aug 7, 2022, 11:01:54 PM8/7/22
to SemWare TSE Pro text editor
1.Mark a block(Line block/Character Block/Column Block)
2.<Ctrl 1>,<a>,Save to block a
3.Mark another block(Line block/Character Block/Column Block)
4.<Ctrl 1>,<b>,Save to block b
then you can <Ctrl 7><a> Load block a
or  <Ctrl 7><b> Load block b
<CtrlShift b> list blocks
<CtrlShift .> prev blocks
<CtrlShift .> next blocks

knud van eeden

Aug 8, 2022, 5:41:11 AM8/8/22
to SemWare TSE Pro text editor
Documentation:

So basically a marked 'block' control program,
storing the earlier created blocks and being able
to use these blocks again and navigate back and forth through these blocks and giving each block a 'name'.

(Similar to the 'bookmark' TSE macro, where the 'block'
plays the role of the 'bookmark').

That might come handy, I plan to add it to my pre-loaded macros.

with friendly greetings
Knud van Eeden

knud van eeden

Aug 8, 2022, 7:01:54 AM8/8/22
to SemWare TSE Pro text editor
1.

> On my clean 4.45 it does not do much, it shows a
> dialog box
> ----[blocks]-------
>      [OK]

The problem is in the line 'MsgBox(' at the end of the source code.

That line with the options should be a '1 liner',
and in the original blocks.s this line is
splitted in new lines.

2. Persistent history of the blocks: It stores the information in the file 'tseblock.dat', so when you reload TSE and run blocks again, it will show the stored blocks again.

Blocks.s

knud van eeden

Aug 8, 2022, 7:24:33 AM8/8/22
to SemWare TSE Pro text editor
3. Further the option 'AltShift <b>' which
is 'proc myOutInBlock' shows garbled (due to the characters used) information in the 'MsgBox()' and the 2 'Ask()' lines.

See screenshot.

=> Please suggest the correct replacements
there for the text in MsgBox() and Ask().

Inline image

with friendly greetings
Knud van Eeden

knud van eeden

Aug 8, 2022, 4:34:51 PM8/8/22
to SemWare TSE Pro text editor
If thus possible this missing English text could be supplied in these 5 lines:

    j=MsgBox("","╥¬╡╝│÷/╡╝╚δ▒Ω╝╟┐Θ╫Θ┬≡?(╤íYES╡╝│÷/╤íNO╡╝╚δ)",_YES_NO_CANCEL_)

        if not Ask("╟δ╩Σ╚δ╡╝│÷▒Ω╝╟┐Θ╫Θ╥¬▒ú┤µ╡─╬─╝■├√(▓╗╨Φ╥¬╝╙.║≤╫║├√):",filename,18)

            Warn("╡▒╟░├╗╙╨▒Ω╝╟┐Θ╫Θ┐╔▒╗╡╝│÷")

        if not Ask("╟δ╩Σ╚δ╡╝╚δ▒Ω╝╟┐Θ╫Θ╥¬╢┴╚í╡─╬─╝■├√(╨Φ╥¬╝╙.║≤╫║├√):",filename,9)

            Warn("┤≥┐¬╬─╝■"+QuotePath(filename)+"╩º░▄")

zhong zhao

Aug 9, 2022, 1:16:58 AM8/9/22
to SemWare TSE Pro text editor
This is the English language version of blocks.s
blocks.s

knud van eeden

Aug 9, 2022, 4:24:58 AM8/9/22
to SemWare TSE Pro text editor
Slightly improved version uploaded (=documentation added + the message box improved).

Blocks.s

knud van eeden

Nov 17, 2022, 6:28:47 AM11/17/22
to SemWare TSE Pro text editor
Hello,

FYI

I run into very serious trouble suddenly today which took me several hours to troubleshoot and find the root cause.

E.g. inserting a line, deleting a line, ... it suddenly took minutes and TSE became extremely slow and basically unusable.

I did not see the same behavior in my clean TSE, restart computer did not help,
so I started to remove all my loaded macros and that did not show the issue anymore.

So I narrowed it down to which macro, which is autoloaded by me, and it showed to be this

 blocks.s

macro.

Not sure why at this moment as I have not looked into it further.

with friendly greetings
Knud van Eeden

On Friday, August 5, 2022 at 10:04:35 AM GMT+2, zhong zhao <zhao4...@gmail.com> wrote:

Enjoy it!
(^_^)

knud van eeden

Nov 17, 2022, 6:43:40 AM11/17/22
to SemWare TSE Pro text editor
I assume this is why TSE suddenly became so slow.

That blocks.s program uses a file

 tseblock.dat

in your working directory.

When I checked it showed that this file had grown /is growing towards 1 gigabytes:

17/11/2022  04:14     671.476.529  tseblock.dat

That started slowed TSE extremely down, with a file size that had a large impact on TSE thus.

As stated I have autoloaded blocks.s many months, since it was published, so on my TSE system
it started to manifest itself thus as the file kept growing.

So for now it is absolutely advised to not use this blocks.s macro at all.

(troubleshooting included switching off anti-virus programs and excluding the TSE folder, restart computer, restart TSE, testing other TSE versions, purging macros, ...)

knud van eeden

Nov 17, 2022, 6:56:10 AM11/17/22
to SemWare TSE Pro text editor
And it influences thus the keystrokes done (e.g. insert, delete, ...) as far as I can tell by using
the event hooks like:

proc WhenLoaded()
    Enable(BlocksKeys)
    Hook(_ON_ABANDON_EDITOR_,OnAbandonEditor)
    Hook(_BEFORE_COMMAND_,BeforeCommand)
    Hook(_AFTER_COMMAND_,AfterCommand)
end

Therefore influence (e.g. involving this very large gigabyte-- file tseblock.dat) on possibly (every) (many) keystroke(s).

So making TSE extremely slow and non-responsive, close to hanging.

knud van eeden

Nov 18, 2022, 9:38:50 AM11/18/22
to SemWare TSE Pro text editor, Zhong Zhao
The root cause here is thus that is a special case of a program where information (that is e.g. the position of blocks (or thus color marked selected areas)) is stored in an ever growing file. The file is thus not e.g. periodically deleted, purged or capped, nor is there a maximum limit set for the file size after which the file is e.g. purged or deleted. And this stored information in the file is further not optimized, e.g. compressed and there is block information added to all the time, so this file size grows and grows and grows..., while also using / checking this (very large ever growing) file at about every TSE keystroke.
Leading thus after a while of using this program to e.g. 1 to 5 minutes waiting time when pressing a certain TSE key on the keyboard.

Solutions are thus periodically purging and or deleting this file, e.g. at restart or warning the user to purge/delete when certain criteria are met.