New version: rc-26

S.E. Mitchell

Jul 1, 2024, 6:57:59 AM (5 days ago) Jul 1
to TSEPro Support
https://semware.com/files/tse-pro-install/tse-linux-4.50-rc26.tgz
https://semware.com/files/tse-pro-install/tse-setup-4.50-rc26.zip

Linux:
Several files in the tar archive has a size of 0 bytes.
This is caused by having duplicate entries in the list of files
input to the tar command. This has been fixed.
Thanks to H. Pikaar for the report.

The WheelUp and WheelDown previously just returned 0. Now
scroll the editing window up or down. Thanks to Carlo Hogeven
for the suggestion.

Windows:
video.s cols variable was limited to 3 digits. Fixed.
Thanks to Carlo Hogeveen for the report.

Updated colors macro, thanks to Carlo Hogeveen
- No longer goes one line down after selecting a color scheme.
- In the Color Schemes list, default sets the current line to
the current color scheme (if TSE's current colors match a
color scheme).
- If no matching color scheme exists, then creates and goes to
an empty line at the top.

Changed .doc files extension to .txt. Thanks to Eric Pement for
the suggestion.

If _USE_LAST_SESSION_* is set, sc32 will try to also create
tsecfg.dat, as if the "-s" command line option was also
specified. Thanks to David Heydon for the suggestion.

Hooks _ON_UNASSIGNED_KEY_ and _ON_NONEDIT_UNASSIGNED_KEY_ were
not working. Fixed. Thanks to Carlo Hogeveen for the report.

Carlo Hogeveen

Jul 1, 2024, 11:59:30 AM (4 days ago) Jul 1
to sem...@googlegroups.com

A few weird things start happening after installing Windows TSE v4.50rc26.
I thought I was going crazy but it was not me (this time).
It is reproduceable, but it is going to take me a bit to research it properly and to describe it in a useful way.

In the mean time I want to get a warning out there, to especially with this release at least make a backup and/or copy of your Windows TSE directory before installing v4.50rc26.
Or to wait a bit.

I have not tried Linux TSE yet, but I expect it to have the same problem.

To be continued,
Carlo

Carlo Hogeveen

Jul 1, 2024, 1:18:17 PM (4 days ago) Jul 1
to sem...@googlegroups.com

There are two reproduceable bugs in TSE v4.50rc26.

1.
If a user has configured cuamark's "Enable CUA Find (Ctrl F, F3, ..." option with "Yes", then the following bug occurs since TSE v4.50rc26.
Note: Macro Execute "cuamark" and check the second question to see or modify this configuration option.
Steps to reproduce:
Open the macro source "mac\adjust.s".
Use <Ctrl F> to search for "Date" with options "gi". (This is cuamark's Ctrl F !)
Then move the cursor down and right to "Sep" and press the <Del> key.
In TSE v4.50rc26 "Date" disappears!

2.
TSE v4.50rc26 makes my SynCase extension no longer work.
Obviously I am going to look into that myself.

Carlo

S.E. Mitchell

Jul 1, 2024, 10:26:10 PM (4 days ago) Jul 1
to sem...@googlegroups.com
Found the cuamark problem.
When I added back in the on unassigned key stuff I broke it :(
Seems to work now though.
--
> --
>
> ---

zhong zhao

Jul 3, 2024, 4:23:07 AM (3 days ago) Jul 3
to SemWare TSE Pro text editor
It's hard to avoid pressing down the gourd and causing the ladle to pop up.