New: TSE 4.50 rc 12

S.E. Mitchell

Oct 14, 2023, 7:13:26 AM10/14/23
to TSEPro Support
Windows:
https://semware.com/files/tse-pro-install/tse-setup-4.50-rc12.zip
(Contains an install program)
Linux:
https://semware.com/files/tse-pro-install/tse-linux-4.50-rc12.tgz
(Contains the /tse directory - see below for instructions)

Windows:30 Sep 2023 v4.50 release candidate 12
Attempt to fix cursor line in block syntax hilighting bug
reported by Carlo Hogeveen.

grep.exe now supports:

\h - shortcut for: [0-9A-Fa-f] a hexadecimal number
\H - shortcut for: [~0-9A-Fa-f] anything except a hexadecimal number
\p - shortcut for: [\x20-\x7E] a printable character
\P - shortcut for: [~\x20-\x7E] anything expect a printable character
\d - shortcut for: [0-9] a digit
\D - shortcut for: [^0-9] anything except a digit
\s - shortcut for: [ \f\r\n\t] whitespace
\S - shortcut for: [^ \f\r\n\t] anything except whitespace
\w - shortcut for: [a-zA-z0-9_] an identifier
\W - shortcut for: [^a-zA-z0-9_] anything except an identifier
Linux:30 Sep 2023 v4.50 release candidate 12
To untar this: tar -xf tse-linux-4.50-rc12.tgz

Root of the tar archive is tse/
Main executable is e
To run from any directory, perform the following commands in a terminal:

PATH=$PATH:/home/sam/tse
export PATH

Replace /home/sam/tse with wherever you installed TSE.
You can also add the following to your shells .rc file, commonly .bashrc

export PATH=$PATH:/home/sam/tse
Replace /home/sam/tse with wherever you installed TSE.
AnsiColor setting added to Full Configuration and to tse.cfg.
This setting controls how the editor determines which set of ansi
escape sequences to show colors.

Values are:
0 - let the editor decide which sequences to use.
1 - use ansi RGB color sequences
8 - use 8 color mode
16 - use 16 color mode

How the color drivers are set:
term = getenv("TERM");
color_term = getenv("COLORTERM");
xterm = strnicmp(term, "xterm", 5) == 0;
if (put_color == NULL) {
if (color_term && (strnicmp(color_term, "truecolor", 9) == 0
|| strnicmp(color_term, "24bit", 5) == 0)) {
put_color = put_color_rgb;
} else if (xterm) {
put_color = put_color_16;
if (strstr(term, "256"))
put_color = put_color_rgb;
} else
put_color = put_color_8;
}

Carlo Hogeveen

Oct 14, 2023, 8:45:13 AM10/14/23
to sem...@googlegroups.com

> Attempt to fix cursor line in block syntax hilighting bug
> reported by Carlo Hogeveen.

My test says that the "cursor line in block syntax hilighting bug" is fixed.
Thanks,

Carlo

S.E. Mitchell

Oct 14, 2023, 8:47:53 AM10/14/23
to sem...@googlegroups.com
Cool! :)
--
Sammy Mitchell
> --
>
> ---

Carlo Hogeveen

Oct 14, 2023, 2:18:50 PM10/14/23
to sem...@googlegroups.com

To say it nicely, the new Linux TSE release is disappointing in many ways, and potentially dangerous in one.

1.
One form of the danger is, that you can configure Linux TSE for RGB colors in a Linux terminal that does not support RGB colors. Another form of the danger is, that Linux TSE guesses wrongly that its terminal supports more colors than it actually does. Both might need to be repaired by restoring the old TSE version from a backup.

2.
The "color" command line parameter does not overrule the internal "AnsiColor" setting. It should of course as an out for point 1.

3.
The command line parameter name is "color" and the internal variable is name is "AnsiColor". There should not be two names for the same thing!

4.
A piece of almost unreadable program code as documentation of how Linux TSE determines AnsiCode if its start-up value is 0?

5.
OK, by googling C syntax I personally can probably reproduce this algorithm in macro code, which is necessary if I want to make one of my macros Linux-compatible, if it is one for which it is necessary to determine which ANSI colors the current TSE session is capable of using.
The problem is, that based on past experience I can totally see Semware tweaking this algorithm and not documenting the change. Or me having to reproduce various algorithm versions to be backwards compatible with various Linux TSE versions.
One solution would be two variables, for example AnsiStartupColor and AnsiDeterminedColor.

There have been emails about most of these points after the previous release. Apparently for nought.

:-(
Carlo

zhong zhao

Oct 16, 2023, 11:19:34 PM10/16/23
to SemWare TSE Pro text editor
I found that 450rc12 will automatically turn the blue font in the current line of the marker block to green, resulting in poor visual effect.

S.E. Mitchell

Nov 15, 2023, 6:12:56 AM11/15/23
to TSEPro Support
Please send me your tse.cfg so that I can try and reproduce the problem.
Thanks!

zhong zhao

Nov 27, 2023, 11:54:33 PM11/27/23
to SemWare TSE Pro text editor