Semware website revamp: Content Management Software

S.E. Mitchell

Mar 12, 2022, 11:18:39 AM3/12/22
to TSEPro Support
I would like to revamp the Semware website, to go along with making TSE free.

Anyone have any experience with CMS software?

I've been looking at Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla! and MediaWiki.

Other suggestions?

Thanks!
--
Sammy Mitchell

Carlo Hogeveen

Mar 12, 2022, 12:25:25 PM3/12/22
to sem...@googlegroups.com

First reaction: No WordPress!
Historically WordPress and its extensions have a bad reputation for having been hacked many many many times.
A third of the 12,000 failed calls to my server specifically check in various ways if I run a WordPress website. (I do not.)
Only 3 failed calls specifically check for Joomla, and none specifically check for the other CMS's you mentioned.
Related to that is how easy it is to maintain the CMS's own updates, or have them maintained:
For example, patches for WordPress hacks are often not installed, because the owner has no time, knowledge or an off-hand approach.
Given that you are also going to distribute executables, as a user I strongly suggest that security will be a major criterium in your selection.

Carlo