Reflecting on 2022

Carlo Hogeveen

Dec 29, 2022, 7:46:13 AM12/29/22
to Semware @ GoogleGroups

At the start of each of the last couple of years I resolved to work less on
TSE, because it does not make economic sense.

In that light, looking back on 2022, this year I failed spectacularly:

https://ecarlo.nl/tse/index.html#BlockHilite
Extension that syntax highlights text in marked blocks with the same
foreground color as normal text. The idea came from Zhong Zhao.

https://ecarlo.nl/tse/index.html#Edit2
Tool that browses a filesystem with "alternate data streams" (ADSs) and with
folders and files with Unicode characters in their names, and that allows
TSE to open such files.

https://ecarlo.nl/tse/index.html#FindaXlines
Search tool that can find strings that cross line boundaries.

https://ecarlo.nl/tse/index.html#PickList
Extension that adds shrink-as-you-type search-functionality to TSE picklists
and optionally to some regular lists.

https://ecarlo.nl/tse/index.html#Uniview
Extension that displays a text file's Unicode characters.

And those are just the new tools and extensions.
https://ecarlo.nl/tse/index.html#SynCase got a major update.
Default it sets TSE macro language words to their predefined UPPER, lower,
and CamelCase for readability.

Enough is enough. 2023 is going to commercial projects, <dollar signs in
eyes/>. I mean it this time!

Well, except for "eHelp", which is going to extend TSE's Help by adding our
own editable .ehelp files:
https://ecarlo.nl/tse/index.html#InDevelopment
It was hoped to be done this year, but the above distractions came up.
I do not recommend installing eHelp's current unfinished version, other than
to play with it, and then disable it for now.

A shiny, sparkling 2023,
Carlo

winmail.dat

C.H. Fred

Dec 29, 2022, 8:31:05 AM12/29/22
to sem...@googlegroups.com
LOL!  Dollar signs!! :-)

--
Rick C. Hodgin

--

---

S.E. Mitchell

Jan 3, 2023, 6:23:35 AM1/3/23
to sem...@googlegroups.com
>At the start of each of the last couple of years I resolved
>to work less on TSE, because it does not make economic
>sense.
>
>In that light, looking back on 2022, this year I failed
>spectacularly:

And I am very glad for your failure!

Thanks Carlo!

--
Sammy Mitchell

knud van eeden

Jan 3, 2023, 8:39:54 AM1/3/23
to sem...@googlegroups.com
Agreeing certainly with that.

Taking e.g. PickList.s and HistList.s as examples of extremely useful TSE programs,
let these programs keep coming...

with friendly greetings
Knud van Eeden

--