RE: [TSE] TSE 4.43 -> Extended Help

Carlo Hogeveen

Jun 15, 2022, 8:23:08 AM6/15/22
to sem...@googlegroups.com

Me too:
https://ecarlo.nl/tse/files/ExtendedHelp.txt
This has a "maybe this year" priority on my TSE todo list.

Currently the markdown format I am contemplating is XML-based.
A minor (?) downside is that those tags make their context less readable by being long.
A major (?) benefit is that tag names are self-explanatory.

It currently is also OEM-based (for compatibility, line drawing, and reusing TSE help display mode), and fixed format.
The latter means consecutive spaces remain so, and that there will be no line wrapping.

The hard part is my key requirement that Help from different users, one of which could be Semware, must present as one Help system.
How to do that for subtopics currently stumps me.
For example, in TSE's Help the explanation of the "for" statement is a subtopic within a huge topic.
If I want to add my own explanation of "for", how can I present that in a way that helps instead of hinders?

I am open to thoughts on any of this,
Carlo