Linux mouse opportunity?

Carlo Hogeveen

Jun 27, 2024, 7:26:53 AM (9 days ago) Jun 27
to Semware @ GoogleGroups

@Sammy,

In researching Henrique's Linux macro's problem I came across the following.

In any Linux environment TSE does not receive mouse wheel movements, as attested by the Potpourri menu's ShowKey tool.

Also, after loading the following macro, <Ctrl u> and <Ctrl d> do not work:
// <WheelUp> Alarm() RollUp()
// <WheelDown> Alarm() RollDown()
<Ctrl u> PushKey(<WheelUp>)
<Ctrl d> PushKey(<WheelDown>)

But when uncommenting the first two lines <Ctrl u> and <Ctrl d> do work!

I am not asking you to make Linux TSE respond to the physical mouse wheel being used.

But from the outside it seems it should not be hard to make Linux TSE's INTERNAL definition of <WheelUp> and <WheelDown> work?

The test would be that the above macro would work with its commented lines.

The benefit for my LinuxMouse extension would be, that when it receives control strings for a mouse wheel action, it can do a
PushKey(<WheelUp> / <WheelDown>) and let TSE do its standard thing.

Until then, LinuxMouse's work-around will be to require the user to have an external definition for <WheelUp> and <WheelDown>.

@Henrique,
I have not fixed your issue yet, but I expect to release a LinuxMouse update real soon now.

Carlo

Henriques18

Jun 27, 2024, 9:30:27 AM (9 days ago) Jun 27
to SemWare TSE Pro text editor
You must be THE obi wan of tse.