FindaXlines v1

Carlo Hogeveen

May 19, 2022, 7:33:02 AM5/19/22
to Semware @ GoogleGroups

I am done fixing bugs for and adding features to the FindaXlines tool,
that allows us to search a string across lines.
Nobody reported any issues.

The latest added feature is, that the tool now
also colors found strings in the View Finds list.

https://ecarlo.nl/tse/index.html#FindaXlines

Carlo

knud van eeden

May 19, 2022, 8:45:25 AM5/19/22
to Semware @ GoogleGroups
> The latest added feature is, that the tool now
> also colors found strings in the View Finds list.

Nice.

See also screenshot after searching for 'SELECT.*HAVING' with search option 'givx'.

Time about 5 minutes to see the result in the 1 gigabytes file.

Note that the first character in the block seems not to be highlighted, so showing e.g. 'ELECT' instead of 'SELECT' highlighted.

Inline image

with friendly greetings
Knud van Eeden

Carlo Hogeveen

May 19, 2022, 9:33:30 AM5/19/22
to sem...@googlegroups.com

> Note that the first character in the block seems not to be highlighted, so showing e.g. 'ELECT' instead of 'SELECT' highlighted.

That is embarrassing.
It turns out that I have solely been testing with just the combination of search strings and file where that hiliting-bug was near invisible.
It has been fixed in v1.0.1.

https://ecarlo.nl/tse/index.html#FindaXlines

Carlo

C.H. Fred

May 19, 2022, 9:59:15 AM5/19/22
to sem...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for all your hard work, Carlo.  It is much appreciated.

--
Rick C. Hodgin

--

---