Meld or Join Two Text Files

nkor...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2021, 5:00:20 AM10/24/21
to sem...@googlegroups.com

Or, maybe some other....

I want to place “pause” in between every line of a long batch file.  (Actually, a list of URLs to bring up in Edge)

Thinking of making a whole bunch of lines with “pause” in separate file.  Then ‘meld’ the two files?

Thoughts greatly appreciated.

Maybe there already is a little program specifically made for doing this?

David Goodenough

Oct 24, 2021, 5:10:35 AM10/24/21
to sem...@googlegroups.com
I wouldn't solve the problem like that at all.  Just use search and replace:  Search string: "$"  Replacement: "\npause"  Options: "gnx"

     David Goodenough

--

---

nkor...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2021, 8:45:29 PM10/24/21
to sem...@googlegroups.com

Well, at first glance, as usual, seemed daunting.

But not so hard, by other means.

Could someone help me put it into a macro please?

Load URL list into TSE.

Search and Replace.  Search for end-of-line, RegEx.

Replace with backslash n and pause.

nkor...@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2021, 5:14:41 AM10/26/21
to sem...@googlegroups.com

Thanks, David.  You hit the nail on the head.

Well, also, after searching for such a ‘meld’ operation, nothing came up.

knud van eeden

Nov 11, 2021, 7:16:22 AM11/11/21
to sem...@googlegroups.com
OK, just back from 2 weeks wave surfing and adventures in Portugal.

To do that is very easy:

1. For example these are your example lines

2. Do a Escape > Search > Replace...
as usual from the TSE menu
and choose for 'Search for:' this
(that means 'end of the line')

$

3. then choose for 'Replace with:'
(that means a line break (=\n) followed by that word 'pause')

\npause

4. then choose for options
(that means 'n'o confirm, 'g'lobal, 'i'gnore case, regular e'x'pression)

ngix

5. After pressing 'enter' you will or should see

pause
pause
pause
pause