4.4 is the final console version, correct?

Dan Campbell

Jun 14, 2022, 8:28:41 PM6/14/22
to SemWare TSE Pro text editor
If so, any known bugs?

S.E. Mitchell

Jun 14, 2022, 8:36:28 PM6/14/22
to TSEPro Support
4.43 is the last released version. Quite a few enhancements over
4.4. I'm working on 4.44.

Yes, there are known bugs. I do try to fix all the ones that I can.
They are listed in the readme file included with the release.

--
Sammy Mitchell

On Tue, Jun 14, 2022 at 8:28 PM Dan Campbell <dcwh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If so, any known bugs?
>
> --
>
> ---

Dan Campbell

Jun 14, 2022, 8:43:12 PM6/14/22
to SemWare TSE Pro text editor
You will announce the updates here, even the console updates?

I have a licensed personal copy of the last version.  But after the next update, I'd like to buy another couple of copies for my office desktop and one or two workstations.  I'd be the only one using it.

S.E. Mitchell

Jun 14, 2022, 8:48:11 PM6/14/22
to TSEPro Support
> You will announce the updates here, even the console
> updates?

Yep.

> I have a licensed personal copy of the last version. But
> after the next update, I'd like to buy another couple of
> copies for my office desktop and one or two workstations.
> I'd be the only one using it.

TSE is now freeware.

You can download the latest version at semware.com

--
Sammy Mitchell
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/semware/79d444aa-d775-4132-8682-e2f7325fe4ean%40googlegroups.com.

Dan Campbell

Jun 14, 2022, 8:51:43 PM6/14/22
to SemWare TSE Pro text editor
Hi S.E.,

Sorry for being thick, but I just want to be careful.  I misunderstood that 4.2 was freeware, but thought that subsequent versions would still  be licensed.

So it will be ok to install the most recent console versions, at the office.  I'll use my current serial number, if need be.

Ok, thanks much.

S.E. Mitchell

Jun 14, 2022, 9:06:48 PM6/14/22
to TSEPro Support
4.40a was the last version offered for sale. It was last updated in
2005 (yikes!)

All versions released since the first of this year are
freeware.

That includes 4.42 and 4.43 (the current version).

I'm happy to answer any additional questions you might have.

--
Sammy Mitchell
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/semware/e1075db1-65ef-4155-bf05-6103041709ccn%40googlegroups.com.

Dan Campbell

Jun 14, 2022, 9:11:59 PM6/14/22
to SemWare TSE Pro text editor
Installing it now.  Didn't realize the console version was contained in the setup

Wow.  I guess the one favor I would ask, is please give us some kind of donation link when you have a chance.

nkor...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2022, 9:39:10 PM6/14/22
to sem...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for all your amazing work, Sammy.

Hope for your health and wellbeing.....
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/semware/CA%2BgEvkaN7P8LToghqoZ3fD%2BnavfXisQg-aALLeZr4kHFP%2Bovjg%40mail.gmail.com.