Brainstorming about extending TSE's Help

Carlo Hogeveen

Mar 11, 2022, 10:25:05 AM3/11/22
to Semware @ GoogleGroups

As a side-project for 2022 I have started brainstorming about a practical
way to extend TSE's Help, so we can add our own notes to it, and exchange
them.

I welcome suggestions and criticisms!

https://ecarlo.nl/tse/index.html#ExtendedHelp

Carlo

Fred H Olson

Mar 12, 2022, 9:21:12 AM3/12/22
to Semware @ GoogleGroups
This would be great.

I looked at the ExtendedHelp section some, not enough to completely
understand what you have in mind. I've been pondering a much more
modest approach to being easier to loacate help info currently in
various places. My idea is basically having text versions of:
Carlo's Tse_Help
TSE_Pro_v4.4_Undocumented_Features
My TSE notes
read.me files

and a proc that uses Carlo's BulkFind to search them.

Are there useful notes in TSE listserv archives that are not in the above?

Fred

--
Fred H. Olson Minneapolis,MN 55411 USA (near north Mpls)
Email: fholson at cohousing.org 612-588-9532

Carlo Hogeveen

Mar 12, 2022, 9:36:45 AM3/12/22
to sem...@googlegroups.com

Fred,

Brainstorming here:
According to the current plan there is nothing to prevent you from having multiple extended help input files nor from turning any file into one.
You could then use the extended help's search function to search the merged help for them.
Now that you have brought this to my attention, I will make sure to facilitate this as smoothly as possible.

Thanks!
Carlo