Re: TSE: Linux: Paste: Is it not possible to paste into input boxes?

knud van eeden

May 29, 2024, 7:07:22 PMMay 29
to SemWare TSE Pro Text Editor
1. Yes, that was it,

 right mouse button

pastes the Microsoft Windows content.

2. But confirmed: indeed I had LinuxMouse latest version running, so that blocked that right click mouse button paste behavior.

3. It ONLY pastes the Microsoft Windows clipboard content thus (e.g. I used my TSE for Windows to copy to the Windows clipboard)

4. Having to use the CursorRight() to finish the paste is also seen here.

5. That will thus allows one to copy from your Microsoft Windows clipboard (e.g. TSE Windows) to TSE Linux (e.g. open file).

===

6. Note: It does not look like the TSE Linux copy or paste to clipboard works at all in TSE Linux?

E.g. If one uses

 CopyToWinclip()

and

 PasteFromWinClip()

seems thus not to work at all.

Probably by design thus.

===

7. But thus copying to TSE clipboard and pasting from TSE clipboard in e.g. a file open box in TSE Linux seems not to work either.

Note: That should be <Grey*> to use to paste from the TSE clipboard, but that does not work thus as far as I can tell.

On Thursday, May 30, 2024 at 12:34:14 AM GMT+2, Carlo Hogeveen <t...@ecarlo.nl> wrote:

I can add, that a Linux terminal usually pastes the Windows with the right mouse button.
So you can right-click in a Linux TSE prompt to paste the Windows clipboard contents.

Weird: It did the whole paste, but it did not show the whole paste.
I had to follow up with another button to make the terminal show the whole paste.
I used the harmless <CursorRight> button for that.

Unfortunately my LinuxMouse extension disables this "pasting the Windows clipboard" capability because it takes over the mouse.

Carlo

May 29, 2024, 9:57:38 PMMay 29
to sem...@googlegroups.com
In order to use the Windows Clipboard, one has to call Windows API
functions. These functions are stored in Windows system DLL's, e.g.,
kernel32.dll, user32.dll and so on.
I do not know of any way to call Windows API functions from a LInux
program. As far as I know, Linux does not support the loading of
DLL's - in Linux-land, one uses "shared object" - .so - files. DLL's
and SO files have very different formats.

The TSE clipboard works fine under Linux. What does not work fine is
grey+, or any of the grey or keypad keys. They do not return any
information so as to distinguish them from their non-keypad/non-grey
counterparts.
> --
>
> ---

knud van eeden

May 30, 2024, 6:09:37 AMMay 30
to sem...@googlegroups.com
So pasting a filename from the TSE clipboard into
the file open box is possible or not really?

If so which keys to use, or should we re-define the key used (e.g. in the .ui, e.g. anything but <Grey*>) to paste from the TSE clipboard?

Inline image

S.E. Mitchell

May 30, 2024, 6:27:10 AMMay 30
to sem...@googlegroups.com
Yes it works.  Just have to figure out alternative key assignments for grey+/grey-/grey*

knud van eeden

May 30, 2024, 7:08:50 AMMay 30
to sem...@googlegroups.com
Yes, tested and it works.

Steps:

1. Assumed you use the .ui file tse.ui.

2. In your <TSE> directory open the file

    ui/tse.ui

3. Search for

    Paste()

4. You will find this line

    <Grey*>                 Paste()

5. Add another line below it, and assign it to a
   different key, e.g.

    <Alt P>                 Paste()

6. Save the tse.ui file

7. Quit your TSE editor

8. Goto the <TSE> directory on the command line in Linux.

9. Type the command

    ./sc32 -b ui/tse.ui

10. That will burn that changed tse.ui into your e file.

11. If you now restart TSE

     ./e

    and open a 'file > open' box
    you can successfully paste
    text (e.g. a filename) into the
    input box.

12. Note: (optionally) you can use since latest RC24 the command

     CopyToClipboard( <yourstring> )

     to quickly copy e.g. filenames to the TSE clipboard.

13. Tested successfully on TSE version 4.50 RC24 running in cmd.exe
    using WSL2 on Microsoft Windows 10 Professional.