Syntax Hiliting Keyword Token Maximum Length

Eliyahu Trigoub

Nov 24, 2020, 2:20:31 PM11/24/20
to SemWare TSE Pro Text Editor

Hi all.

How can the maximum length of syntax hiliting  keyword token be increased, for example, up to 80 characters ?

P.S.

I have been using TSE Pro since 1995 constantly for Hardware design and am very satisfied.

Is it possible to add me to the list for the newer test releases?

I continue to hope that Sammy will add Syntax Hiliting for Verilog numbers.

Best regards,

              Eliyahu.

S.E. Mitchell

Nov 25, 2020, 10:33:42 AM11/25/20
to TSEPro Support
>How can the maximum length of syntax hiliting keyword
>token be increased, for example, up to 80 characters ?

Current max is 64 characters. I don't think it will be a
problem increasing it. I'll try and see if it breaks
anything.

>Is it possible to add me to the list for the newer test
>releases?

Yes, be glad to.

>I continue to hope that Sammy will add Syntax Hiliting for
>Verilog numbers.

I did spend a few hours working on this. The Verilog
lexical syntax is very complicated. I was not able to get
very far.
> --
>
> ---

Eliyahu Trigoub

Nov 25, 2020, 1:50:24 PM11/25/20
to sem...@googlegroups.com
Hi.
Thanks a lot, Sammy.

As for the Verilog numbers syntax hiliting - maybe start with digit grouping - underscore '_' instead of comma ','.
Since it is used not only in Verilog, but also in VHDL, ADA and possibly in other languages.

Best regards,
Eliyahu.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/semware/CA%2BgEvkajAx_-L7ewqUfmJSFTXfrGhn9rYXnv8PBZnBuP9Ah%2BoQ%40mail.gmail.com.

S.E. Mitchell

Jan 18, 2021, 10:19:28 AM1/18/21
to TSEPro Support
>How can the maximum length of syntax hiliting keyword
>token be increased, for example, up to 80 characters ?

This has been added, and doesn't seem to cause any problems -
so far :)

>As for the Verilog numbers syntax hiliting - maybe start
>with digit grouping - underscore '_' instead of comma ','.
>Since it is used not only in Verilog, but also in VHDL, ADA
>and possibly in other languages.

I have added a new Custom numeric type, "Numeric Underline".
Works in my limited testing.

Both of these will be available in the next Beta release -
hopefully later today.