4.50 rc17 is here

S.E. Mitchell

Jan 4, 2024, 6:35:22 AMJan 4
to TSEPro Support
https://semware.com/files/tse-pro-install/tse-setup-4.50-rc17.zip
https://semware.com/files/tse-pro-install/tse-linux-4.50-rc17.tgz

Joachim Merkel: setfileapiToOEM() issue. Reverted to the old behavior. For real
this time.

Updated idl.syn, added markdown.syn, powershell.syn, added constexpr to c.syn.
Thanks to Howard Kapustein for the updates and files.

New sort.s, thanks to Carlo Hogeveen for the updated macro and the sort tester.

In the Linux version, updated tsort.com, now compiled with the gnu C compiler.

Carlo Hogeveen

Jan 5, 2024, 9:14:15 AMJan 5
to sem...@googlegroups.com

Sammy,

This is kind of a milestone release.
All "recent" issues have been fixed.
Sorting has been improved and has a proven correctness.
Sorting in Linux TSE is now as capable as sorting in Windows TSE.
Thank you!

Carlo

S.E. Mitchell

Jan 6, 2024, 6:34:25 AMJan 6
to sem...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Carlo, and thanks for all the help.
Sorting and so many other parts of the editor would not be nearly as
good as they are without all that you've done.
--
Sammy
> --
>
> ---

Fred H Olson

Jan 6, 2024, 8:52:54 AMJan 6
to sem...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to both of you, Sammy and Carlo, and others who have helped
improve TSE including sort.

I have not followed the sort issues in detail and have not started
using the latest version of Linux TSE with the new sort yet. However
I have recently noted a feature of what I am using. I wonder if this
is still an issue with the latest sort version.

If the column marked to be sorted overlaps the end of line of some lines
the sort result can be differnt than expected. Is this still the case?

The work around I use it to put a column of characters temporarily
beyond the longest line and then sort.

More generally there are other instances where the screen locations
beyond an end of line look like spaces but TSE does not handle them as
such as I expect. Sorry, an example does not come to mind.

A feature that seems related is when I use system copy to copy lines
from TSE to a web form the lines in the form seem to have spaces to
the end of the TSE window and the web form treats them as characters.
A few times I have gone to the end of the lines in the web form and
deleted the spaces with backspace in order to be under a character limit.

Fred

--
Fred H. Olson Minneapolis,MN 55411 USA (near north Mpls)
Email: fholson at cohousing.org 612-588-9532

Carlo Hogeveen

Jan 6, 2024, 10:46:25 AMJan 6
to sem...@googlegroups.com

Fred,

1.
About your sort problem.
I cannot reproduce what you describe, neither in the latest nor in old versions of TSE.
Maybe there are spaces beyond some of your line ends?
That typically happens when this TSE menu option is Off:
Options -> Full Configuration -> Text Entry/Block Options -> Remove Trailing WhiteSpace.
If so, turn it On, save settings, and try again.

If not, then it takes little time to install the latest version of TSE in a 2nd directory, test it yourself, and provide us with an example if your problem persists.

2.
Yes, I can reproduce, that the Windows copy from TSE to another app currently copies additional spaces after CuaMark's shift-marking past the end if a line.
Even if there were no spaces, so it is not related to the above TSE menu option.
This is one for Sammy to address.

Carlo

Carlo Hogeveen

Jan 6, 2024, 11:02:34 AMJan 6
to sem...@googlegroups.com

Fred,

2.a
About the Windows copy from TSE adding spaces.
It can be argued that this is not a bug.
For me it only happens when I shift-mark past the end of a line, or when I mark a column block that contains shorter lines.
Copying spaces for marked positions after lines might be a feature in some cases.
You can avoid it by marking a line block or a character block instead, if your use case allows it.
Again, if not, then it would help if you provided a full example.

Carlo

Fred H Olson

Jan 7, 2024, 10:38:35 AMJan 7
to sem...@googlegroups.com
I can not reproduce either issue I wrote about!
I'm sorry I did not try to reproduce the problem before posting.
I was sure I had seen these symptoms.
I'll watch for examples.

Regarding the copy/paste issue I thought I'd seen...
It is my impression that CopyToWinClip() does not work in the
Linux version of TSE. The way I was copying from TSE that I thought pasted
extra spaces into web forms was:
left click and drag on text in TSE window, release, right click and copy
I thought doing this in a Firefox window did not get the extra spaces.
But now I can't get extra spaces in 3 web forms from TSE I tried.

Again I'll watch for examples.

Sorry for the confusion.

BTW when I want to copy more from TSE than can be displayed in the TSE
window, I sometimes save it as a temporary file and open that in Firefox
where unlike terminal TSE, putting cursor at bottom of window scrolls
and continues selecting or alterntively control-a selects all.

I also sometimes copy/paste from TSE several times of different sections.

Fred
> --
>
> ---

H P

Jan 7, 2024, 11:04:03 AMJan 7
to sem...@googlegroups.com
Sammy,

In the Utilmenu there's the option Line Drawing.
At the moment you change the font from Courier New to NetTerm (for example) the option Line Drawing is greyed out and even changing the font back to Courier New doesn't turn it back on again.
You'll have to exit and start editing the file again.

Met vriendelijke groet,
With kind regards,
Muy atentamente,
Mit Freundliche Gruß,
Sinceramente,

H. Pikaar

Henri...@gmail.com

S.E. Mitchell

Jan 29, 2024, 6:16:41 AMJan 29
to sem...@googlegroups.com
If I set the font to Courier New, then line drawing is grayed out.
If I set it back to Terminal, then it is available again.
Note that Courier New has two fonts - one that is an OEM font, and one
that is not.
You have to select the OEM version of Courier New in order to get line drawing.
--
Sammy Mitchell
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/semware/CAAR3jqGnC2wxfr86V-SwaC6kibVwGJkr%2BnMpA%3DU7ZNeK6VEBfw%40mail.gmail.com.

H P

Feb 8, 2024, 5:30:39 PMFeb 8
to sem...@googlegroups.com
Problem is that this is only possible by a separate macro so I wrote one and now it works.

Met vriendelijke groet,
With kind regards,
Muy atentamente,
Mit Freundliche Gruß,