About alternate answer for acronyms

David Pinto

Mar 5, 2010, 4:49:56 PM3/5/10
to SemEval2010-Keyphrase
I wonder wheter or not it would be possible to evaluate an alternative
answer in those cases where an acronym is used?

Example:
enkf + ensemble kalman filter

In the training set, we have observed that in some cases the author
gold standard consider the acronym (enkf), whereas in others cases the
reader gold standard consider the complete keyphrase (ensemble kalman
filter).

Best,

David

Su Nam Kim

Mar 5, 2010, 5:56:17 PM3/5/10
to semeval201...@googlegroups.com
Dear David

When words occur with their acronyms, often acronyms are mostly used
in the document.
Even, acronyms are selected as keywords in author-assigned keyword set.
Thus, we do not modify the answer set to include such cases.

> --

Su Nam Kim
CSSE dept., University of Melbourne
http://www.csse.unimelb.edu.au/~snkim