Question about using test files

Sara Tonelli

Mar 10, 2010, 9:15:27 AM3/10/10
to semeval201...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,
I have a methodological question and I want to make sure that I am not doing something "illegal". With our system, we produce in a pre-processing step some statistics (collocation information and similar) that we use then for testing. Such statistics are extracted in a completely unsupervised way. My question is: can we run the pre-processing step on all files, including the test files, to extract our statistics, or do you think it is not correct to use test files at all in this phase?

Thanks
Sara.

Su Nam Kim

Mar 10, 2010, 5:28:44 PM3/10/10