Task results posted

Tristan Miller

Feb 6, 2017, 4:31:46 PM2/6/17
to SemEval-2017 Task 7: Detection and Interpretation of English Puns
Dear all,

Thanks to everyone who participated in SemEval-2017 Task 7: Detection
and Interpretation of English Puns. The evaluation phase ended on
January 31, and the results for all three subtasks have now been posted
here: <http://alt.qcri.org/semeval2017/task7/index.php?id=results>
(Note that the value of the "run" field is simply a unique ID; it
doesn't reflect the chronological order of your submissions.)

All participants are kindly requested to submit a system description
paper by Monday, February 27. Further details are available on the main
SemEval-2017 workshop page:
<http://alt.qcri.org/semeval2017/index.php?id=papers>

Sincerely,
Tristan Miller
(for the SemEval-2017 Task 7 organizers)

--
Tristan Miller, Research Scientist
Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing Lab (UKP-TUDA)

tped...@d.umn.edu

Feb 6, 2017, 4:44:09 PM2/6/17
to SemEval-2017 Task 7: Detection and Interpretation of English Puns
Thank you! This is all quite interesting. I was wondering if you are planning to release any baseline scores - for example for subtask 1 perhaps predicting that every instance has a pun in it (or doesn't), for subtask 2 perhaps picking the last content word as the pun location, and for subtask 3 ... well .... perhaps random Wordnet senses or something,  I'm not sure. :)

Congratulations on a very successful task,
Ted

Tristan Miller

Feb 6, 2017, 4:48:56 PM2/6/17
to semeva...@googlegroups.com
Dear Ted,

On 06/02/17 10:44 PM, tped...@d.umn.edu wrote:
> Thank you! This is all quite interesting. I was wondering if you are
> planning to release any baseline scores - for example for subtask 1
> perhaps predicting that every instance has a pun in it (or doesn't), for
> subtask 2 perhaps picking the last content word as the pun location, and
> for subtask 3 ... well .... perhaps random Wordnet senses or something,
> I'm not sure. :)

Yes, we expect to include some baseline results in the task description
paper. If we're able to produce these before the paper submission
deadline, I'll add them to the results page and announce this here on
the mailing list.

Regards,
Tristan

tped...@d.umn.edu

Feb 6, 2017, 5:03:18 PM2/6/17
to SemEval-2017 Task 7: Detection and Interpretation of English Puns
Dear Tristan,

That's great, thank you very much!

Cordially,
Ted