Re: Semeval Textual Entailment task

Deniz Yuret

Mar 15, 2010, 7:37:20 AM3/15/10
to Tejaswini Deoskar, semeva...@googlegroups.com
Dear Tejaswini,

In order to use your parser in the entailment task, I recommend
parsing both the text and the hypothesis sentences, and writing a
program that decides on the entailment looking at these parses. We
will not make such a program available. However you may want to check
out systems that have participated in RTE, the sample
conll-entailments.pl code on the task website, and the PETE Guide that
explains the entailment generation process. In particular note that
entailments usually focus on the syntactic relation between two
content words, and that sometimes dummy words like "somebody" and
"something" have been added to make the hypothesis sentence
grammatical. I am forwarding this message to the semeval-pete
discussion group in case people have other suggestions.

best,
deniz