Evaluation Measure for OTE task for Restaurants in English Language

ABHISHEK SETHI

Apr 2, 2017, 2:54:50 PM4/2/17
to SemEval-ABSA
HI,

Could you please tell me how to evaluate my predictions for this task. How to calculate F1 score for this.

Sincerely,
Abhishek Sethi

Dimitris Galanis

Apr 3, 2017, 4:51:37 AM4/3/17
to ABHISHEK SETHI, SemEval-ABSA
Hello,

Which *task* do you mean? There is no ABSA task in the SemEval of this year (2017).

For ABSA 2016 the evaluation package is available here.
--> Evaluation-Validation-Submission-Baselines

The same package can also be used for ABSA 2015.

Please also consult our overview papers on how we calculate the evaluation scores.

Dimitris.

ABHISHEK SETHI

Apr 3, 2017, 5:14:58 AM4/3/17
to SemEval-ABSA, abhishek...@gmail.com
Hi,

I am talking about Task 5 ABSA, SemEval -2016.
I could not understand how to get F1.

For example , the review is "The cheese pizza was good but the service was poor.".  Say the actual targets are "cheese pizza" and "service" but my system returned only "pizza" and "service". Then what will be F1 of my system.

Actually  i want to get the results without converting it to the submission format (XML).

Dimitris Galanis

Apr 3, 2017, 8:52:04 AM4/3/17
to ABHISHEK SETHI, SemEval-ABSA

I am talking about Task 5 ABSA, SemEval -2016.
I could not understand how to get F1.

For example , the review is "The cheese pizza was good but the service was poor.".  Say the actual targets are "cheese pizza" and "service" but my system returned only "pizza" and "service". Then what will be F1 of my system.

OK now I understand.

Actually  i want to get the results without converting it to the submission format (XML).

Then the only solution is to rewrite the evaluation script. For this please consult our overview papers and
in case that you need more info send me a direct email.

However, I think that it is *much easier* to convert your output to the ABSA submission format.

Dimitris