Download error for gold dataset in French Restaurants domain

Sebastian Ruder

May 16, 2016, 9:31:26 AM5/16/16
to SemEval-ABSA
Dear organizers,

I obtain an error for review 59/120 when downloading the gold dataset in the French Restaurants domain.

Specifically, the error is the following:

 Download... Extract review 59/120...java.io.IOException raised: Couldn't find element //p[@id="review_162268720"] in URL https://www.tripadvisor.fr/ShowUserReviews-g187147-d714993-r162268720-Chez_Papa-Paris_Ile_de_France.html
java.io.IOException: Couldn't find element //p[@id="review_162268720"] in URL https://www.tripadvisor.fr/ShowUserReviews-g187147-d714993-r162268720-Chez_Papa-Paris_Ile_de_France.html

It seems that there might be some id mismatch.

I would like to use the gold dataset for comparison. Could you help me fix this?

Best,
Sebastian

Xavier Tannier

May 18, 2016, 9:02:22 AM5/18/16
to Sebastian Ruder, SemEval-ABSA
Hi Sebastian,

The error is indeed due to an id mismatch. We modified the download
script so that it no longer crashes:
http://perso.limsi.fr/Individu/xtannier/en/misc/absa/ABSA16FR-download_2016-05-17.jar

However, some reviews will still be missed because the target web pages
may have been removed or modified since we annotated the data.

If you or others reading this post are confronted to such missing data,
please contact the French data organizers, Marianna (marianna@limsi) and
Xavier (xtan...@limsi.fr).

Best regards,
Xavier and Marianna
> --

Xavier Tannier
Associate Professor / Maître de conférence (HDR)
Univ. Paris-Sud
LIMSI-CNRS (bât. 508, bureau 12, RdC)
B.P. 133
91403 ORSAY CEDEX