Task Participant Presentation at SemEval 2022

Harish Tayyar Madabushi

Jun 9, 2022, 5:58:36 PM6/9/22
to semeval-2022-task-2-MWE

Dear all,

Please take note of the following message from the SemEval organisers regarding the presentation of your work at SemEval, which is colocated with NAACL 2022. Do let us know if you have any questions

It’s time to set up for the SemEval 2022 workshop. This year, we’ve decided to hold a hybrid workshop.

Video presentation

As task participants, you will all participate virtually, with an option to present your poster onsite also. So, you should all now minimally prepare (1) a poster, and (2) a video presentation of your papers, with a maximum length of 10 minutes (in the link to upload your video you will have the option of submitting other useful materials). The deadline to upload your video presentation is June 21. The workshop will follow conference guidelines and use Underline to create and host materials. Here is some information about your materials.

  1. All the materials that are uploaded will be in a website for SemEval 2022, created by Underline.

  2. Underline will also provide support for the virtual settings, including a zoom room for virtual attendees and gathertown for posters.

  3. To upload your videos, use the workshops upload page, https://naacl2022workshops.paperform.co/

  4. Please upload your papers to Underline too, maybe even your slides.

  5. What should be the format of the paper ID? SemEval2022-TaskParticipant-<Paper number>.

Further, the best paper award recipients will prepare a 2 minute live presentation and take a QA (question & answer) session during a live Plenary Session at the workshop. This can be done either onsite or virtually.

Harish Tayyar Madabushi

Jun 12, 2022, 5:48:49 PM6/12/22
to semeval-2022-task-2-MWE
Dear all,

Please take note of the following information from the organisers of SemEval 2022:

Begin quoted text:

Traditionally SemEval has allowed publication in proceedings without presentation and registration. As an extension to that, we are asking everyone to upload their presentations, irrespective of whether they would participate in the workshop or not. Since this is a hybrid event and one just needs to record a 10-minute video and upload it, we are hoping and encouraging for a greater participation and expecting (almost) everyone to upload their presentation.

Also they do not need to send a printed copy of the poster / bring it to the venue. They only need to upload a soft copy on Underline so that it is made accessible to the other participants and attendees in advance. Those who are planning to attend in person, we are planning for social get together for them and are currently exploring the option of poster presentation at the venue as well - if this becomes feasible, we will let you know and ask the participants to bring in the printed poster; otherwise they won't be needed to bring it.

And yes unfortunately for online attendance there is no workshop only registration (I guess whatever credentials they share will allow people to attend everything and there is probably no way to ensure workshop-only attendance) - so they will need to do regular registration for online attendance.

Harish Tayyar Madabushi

Jun 15, 2022, 7:54:50 PM6/15/22
to semeval-2022-task-2-MWE
Dear all,

Harish

Yash Jakhotiya

Jun 21, 2022, 2:48:21 PM6/21/22
to semeval-2022-task-2-MWE
Thank you for the information, Harish. As someone who is attending in person, it'd be really great to meetup with other SemEval participants, participate in tutorials and other conference activities, and possibly present our poster in person! Looking forward to any further information on SemEval socials and in person poster presentation.

Thanks,
Yash

Harish Tayyar Madabushi

Jun 21, 2022, 7:30:42 PM6/21/22
to Yash Jakhotiya, semeval-2022-task-2-MWE
Yes, absolutely. I'll keep you posted. If we don't hear anything, I'll organise something.

Best wishes,
Harish