System Description Papers

Harish Tayyar Madabushi

Feb 4, 2022, 7:47:16 AM2/4/22
to semeval-2022-task-2-MWE
Dear all,

You can also view this message on the task description website: https://sites.google.com/view/semeval2022task2-idiomaticity/system-description-papers

All participating teams, regardless of your final score or rank, are invited to submit a task description paper to the proceedings of SemEval 2022 which will be published by ACL.

Authors of papers will have the opportunity to present their paper at the workshop between 14-15 July 2022 (co-located with NAACL, in Seattle, Washington).

While you are invited to present your paper at the workshop, your paper will be included in the proceedings whether or not the paper is presented at the workshop. You do NOT have to present your paper if you choose not to and there is NO fee to have your paper published as part of the proceedings.

In addition, all submitted papers are eligible for the Best Paper Award, which is awarded to the system description paper that helps provides a strong analysis and helps us better understand the problem of idiomaticity and how we can work towards addressing this task.

Please note that negative results (such as a model not performing well) are also of interest to the NLP community, and are worth writing a paper about. We are looking for interesting methods of detecting and representing idiomaticity and if a method does not perform well, then this will also be of interest to the research community and so we strongly urge you to submit a paper regardless of your performance on the task.

Phase 3 is now active on CodaLab, so you can run any ablation studies or additional experiments. Also note that if you go to "Participate" → "Submit / View Results" → "Click on the "+" next to a submission, you will see "View scoring output log", which will give you a detailed breakdown of your submission.

Paper Submission Instructions

The deadline to submit your paper is the 23rd of February. We do not have information on where you must submit the paper, but we will share that with you as soon as we do.

  1. Your paper must use the official ACL style template. You can find the templates for LaTeX and World HERE

  2. Please see the Paper Submission Requirements for more details on what is required.

  3. Please see the Guidelines for SemEval System Papers for an overview of what to include in your papers (including examples).

  4. System description papers for teams who participated in one Subtask (NOT settings) must be no more than 5 pages long.

  5. System description papers for teams who participated in both Subtasks must be no more than 8 pages long.

  6. References, Appendices and Acknowledgments are NOT counted in calculating page limits.

  7. You will be provided with one additional page to incorporate reviewers suggests.

  8. For more information on papers and the workshop see the FAQ (scroll to section "On Papers, Proceedings, and the Workshop")

If you have any questions, please get in touch with us either by email or on the Google Groups.