Re: Austin ACM SIGKDD

David G. Boney

Apr 18, 2013, 6:13:25 PM4/18/13
to austin...@yahoogroups.com, Austin-ACM-...@meetup.com, aust...@googlegroups.com, semantic...@googlegroups.com, Samantha Goldberg
Dear Members,

Below is the official response I received from Austin Parks & Recreation concerning our continued weekly use of the classroom at Northwest Recreation Center.

It is very disappointing but not surprising. It is disappointing that the City of Austin does not support the high tech community in Austin. Our Austin ACM SIGKDD chapter only does good for the community by providing free education on the leading edge technologies that are the foundation of the grow of the Austin high tech sector.

Austin Parks & Recreation will honor the reservations we have until the end of May.

We will meet at Northwest Recreation Center this Saturday. Please come, this will be one of the more interesting design patterns, using Bloom filters with Hadoop.

We can discuss Saturday what to do for the future. Most importantly, I want to focus on finding a new place to meet. If you have a meeting space that can hold at least 20, please ask your employer if we can use the space. I would like to get feedback from the group on what we should do before taking any other actions.