Meeting Space for Austin ACM SIGKDD

David G. Boney

Apr 25, 2013, 5:26:22 PM4/25/13
to austin...@yahoogroups.com, Austin-ACM-...@meetup.com, semantic...@googlegroups.com, aust...@googlegroups.com
Dear Members,

Here are the plans for our meeting space:

1. For the rest of April and May we will continue to meet at Northwest Recreation Center for the dates on the calendar that we already have scheduled.
2. For the summer, June, July, and August, we are going to go to a twice a month meeting schedule. I want to finish MapReduce Design Patterns by the end of summer. We may have to start covering two design patterns a meeting. We will meet once at month at Northwest Recreation Center. We will meet the second time in the month at ClearBlade.

I want to thank Brian Hall, COO, Clear Blade for providing the meeting space. Clear Blade is downtown around 5th and Congress. Clear Blade is starting to moving into the Hadoop space and would like to get involved in the Hadoop community.

We can discuss over the summer if we like the twice a month format or want to go back to a weekly format. Currently, I have not found a venue were we can meet weekly, short of meeting at a different space each week.

I will set the calendar for the summer in May, stay tuned.

There is a Austin Hadoop User Group meeting tonight at 6:30. Go check it out. Below is a link with the details. Free food, maybe free beer (there has been in the past).

http://www.meetup.com/Austin-Hadoop-Users-Group-AHUG/events/114665062/